Carried

He sat at his desk, books scattered before him as he wrote on a notepad, writing his thoughts down.

He didn't notice someone step in, wrapping their arms around him.

Hiro froze, looking up and poking his older brother with his pencil.

"You're distracting me..." he mumbled to his older brother as he flipped another page.

"Oh?"

"I'm close to the end."

Kaname chuckled, eyes quickly scanning the page. It was a fantasy novel, which he found adorable of his younger brother.

Hiro looked up, eyebrows rising. "Have you come to bother me?" His voice was irritated, his cheeks so close to puffing outward.

Kaname ruffles his hair, ignoring his attitude with an amused chuckle. He leans down, catching the sweet aroma of the jasmine soap he had bought for Hiro.

He was surprised with the sweet things and other things Kaname had supplied for him. He didn't fully grip the concept of money, but he knew Kaname had spent a pretty penny for all of it. But he reluctantly accepted it all, knowing he didn't have any form of currency to repay his older brother with.

He felt a little...coddled.

Like a baby.

And he's even more angry because a part of him likes it.

"I've come to speak to you about Zero Kiryuu."

Hiro remembered the other night. He wondered if Zero was closer to being a Level E. He was good at hiding it, but it wasn't enough.

Bloodlust is never ending.

"Stay away home him."

Hiro blinked, staring at Kaname like he grew a third head.

"Why?" He asked.

"He's a Vampire Hunter. His guns are attached to his hands, almost. It's better to stay out of his path."

Hiro hid a nervous smile. It was already too late for that...

They had shared blood, and that was one of the highest forms of a connection between Vampires. While he didn't understand Zero, he didn't think the silver haired menace was going to flat out destroy him without reason.

"I don't think he'll shoot me unless he feels he has a good reason." Hiro said absentmindedly with a scoff. "He's kind of moody, though."

Kaname laughs again. "And short tempered."

"Very." Hiro agreed. He looked at Kaname, who stared back with an interesting glint in his eyes.

Hiro paused, and narrowed his eyes.

"...you know." Hiro mumbled. "You know about the other night."

"You let him take your blood." Kaname said dangerously low.

You let him drink before I could.

To wait ten years to never have a taste is cruel.

He'd been craving after it, agonizing over the ghost of his brother.

Kaname's thoughts went unsaid.

Hiro didn't understand.

"I was only trying to help." Hiro said softly. "He's a friend of Yuki's."

"...indeed." Kaname hummed.

Hiro frowned, sighing. "I-"

He stopped.

He glared at Kaname and gave one, singular laugh. "Ha." He said dryly.

He got up and closed his book, mentally reminding himself of the page number.

"...you're jealous?"

Kaname's aura grows dark and if any one else was in the room, it would have been terrifying.

But Hiro presses on, unaware of his impending death.

"You're so cute, Kaname."

In hindsight, Hiro realized that was the wrong thing to say.

Kaname was in front of him in less than a second and had placed his hands on Hiro's shoulders.

Hiro flinched, freezing in fear before feeling Kaname's head touch his.

"...you're very good at seeing through me." His older brother said with a kiss to his temple.

Hiro blushed, looking up with half lidded eyes and a tiny smile. He wrapped his arms around Kaname, hugging him tightly.

"Maybe if you let me finish this story, I'll give you a taste."

Kaname is quiet after that.

I never really put an authors note here.

Uhm. You've already heard about what's happening. Maybe you're reading fanfics to feel better and escape for a bit. So am I, honestly.

But for me, I can't escape. My skin color is a constant reminder.

Not to quote Spider-Man, but when you have the ability to change things, and you don't, it's our fault when it happens.

No. Not  just YOUR fault, but OUR fault.

We're all capable of blame when it comes to being silent.

I was bashing myself for being at home and not protesting. What right do I have to be at home and not out there fighting? I have essential workers at home, I have asthma, and other reasonable answers as to why Im not going.

But it sounded so selfish to me. Like excuses.

But I had a friend tell me every way I felt was valid and that staying home doesn't mean you're not helping.

So many are home because they understand the dangers of COVID and police brutality, or they just can't be or don't wanna be out on the streets. And they're not wrong or bad people for that.

Protesting is the loudest form of change.

But it's not the only way.

Reposting, drawing, photos, messages to those you care for, standing up for those who have been affected is another way to help. Signing petitions, donating if you can, sharing donation and petition links, staying updated if you can stomach it.

Do what you can.

I'll try to put links in the comments, because Wattpad is being weird with me pasting them.

Trying to keep your hope and taking care of yourself and disconnecting to breathe again is important, too.

Many people have not been black or brown or Asian or anything other than white. And a lot of white people do not have our experiences, and they bash us because they do not comprehend our injustice. And yet, so, so many of them are fighting alongside us. We're all family in this fight and we want change.

I felt so hopeless a few days ago.

And now I'm sprung with so many other feelings.

I don't want your opinion on lootings and riots, I just want your heart to try and be on beat with mine on this.

I love you, and I hope everyone is and stays safe and keeps your hearts, heads and hopes alive.

No matter what. We are still here. We will keep fighting. We are not bugs, we are people.

Thank you.

Also, I gave y'all some more chapters cuz I love you guys and I hope y'all feel better. I read all your comments, I love them all, and I thank you for reading this message.