The Fox and the Hound

Hiro stood silently, awaiting his moment to strike

Rido was left open, but his strengths made it hard to approach him. He was quick on his feet, and smart with his evasions.

Rido, on the other hand, was watching Hiro with intense thoughts, enraptured by the change in aura.

His nephew was no longer a kind soul but something monstrous. He was eerily quiet as well, calculating out the scene before him.

"...Hiro, won't you stop this nonsense? Come back to me."

He was met with silence, but could see the trails of insanity in Hiro's eyes, like thunder inside a bottle.

One crack and it would all be for nothing.

Hiro was stronger than him, but not as experienced. He could win as long as Hiro couldn't think straight.

As he predicted, Hiro was fairly unstable.

He swayed in the wind, calmly glaring at Rido. He was far too quick to keep up with, but his attacks were mostly just hard hitting with no objective.

He was knocked into the roof, landing in a room down below.

Hiro jumped in, standing on top of him and grabbing his throat.

Rido laughed, looking up at him.

The room was dark, but they could see eachother clear as day.

"How pitiful." Hiro said softly, looking down at his uncle.

Rido only smiles, waiting for him to continue.

Hiro tightened his grip.

"Am I the pitiful one? I told you before, we're connected. Soon I will become a mere reflection. We will be one, Hiro." Rido tore his arm away, swiftly pulling Hiro close and holding open his eyes.

Hiro felt himself beginning to slip, dizziness filling his body as he felt Rido pushing to posses him.

It was getting dark, chains starting to drag him down and Rido starting to open the door to his mind.

It was like sinking.

He was sinking and couldn't get out.

His mind was tearing open-

A bullet hit Rido's cheek, blood flying on Hiro's face as they were torn apart.

Zero stood in the doorway, guns in his hands. He was still sluggish, but continued to fire away.

Rido was able to evade his shots, an endless marathon of gunshots echoing in the room.

Takuma came in, sword in hand as he carefully moved to Hiro. He was on the floor with a look of surprise, but his eyes were hollow and dilated.

He stood up easily, looking to Takuma.

"Hiro, are you alright?" He asked, stepping closer.

"Takuma-!" Yuki yelled.

He froze when he felt himself being controlled, unable to move. His body moved by itself, handing Hiro the sword.

Hiro took it, barely glancing at him before throwing himself at Rido.

In the darkness, the gunfire was the only light. Flashes in the shadows shining on the sword. What reflected back was a Rido grinning.

Yuki turned to Zero and pushed the gun away, ceasing his attack.

The was a loud clang, and the walls imploded, the light of dawn pouring into the room.

Rido had a large scar across his chest, his face slowly healing from the previous bullet. They stared at one another with absolute silence.

"Hiro!" Zero called, anger in his face.

Hiro spared him a quick glance, Rido taking it as the perfect time for assault.

It was perfectly timed-

Hiro drove the sword through his shoulder, but Rido kept moving. He grabbed Hiro's face and quickly began to transfer his soul over.

Hiro dug the sword deeper, a dark yell rippling through his mouth before he placed a hand on Rido's chest.

Yuki blinked, and before she could see it, Rido's chest had been turned to nothing. Zero shared her jarring expression.

A hole sat where his heart should've been.

Rido drooled, blood dripping down his mouth.

He fell into Hiro, blood staining his clothes once again.

"I guess we both lost our hearts tonight. Hmm, nephew?" He said, his hand petting Hiro's hair.
Rido wore a grin, eyes wide as he laughed

He rested his head on Hiro's shoulders.

Takuma broke out of the trance, taking a breath before frowning deeply.

"Hiro!" He yelled, snapping Yuki and Zero out of shock.

Hiro lifted his mouth to Rido's neck, blood dripping as he kept going.

His body began to turn to dust, crumbling in on itself as the older Vampire began to fade away.

Hiro watched Rido turn to ash, unable to hide a small smile.

"You've made me proud..." Rido laughed, reaching for his face. "I see myself in you, Hiro. You've become me."

His hand crumbled to the ground.

"You may have won this battle...but my victory had already been set the minute we started."

His face cracked and his smile never left.

"Take my blood and become my reflection..!" He said, gripping Hiro's shoulders.

Rido broke away and scattered against the wind, leaving Hiro with nothing but a swirling mind and a defeated slump.

His hands were coated in dust and his face was wet with blood.

It didn't feel like he won.

He didn't feel free, like he had hoped.

All those years of torture and pain...

Just to end up like this?

He gripped his head, his heart filled with a gluttonous urge to kill. The curse amplified his pain, the building shaking and cracking under  pressure .

It was as if two sides were battling inside his mind as he was left with nothing but the hunger.

Sorrow and avarice never worked well together.

The building crumbled and fell under the four students.

When they reached the ground, it seemed like everything that had happened wasn't real.

Yuki called out for Hiro, but received no answer.

Zero felt an eerie presence waiting in the wind, and the murderous aura got close to Yuki.

He shot a warning bullet into Hiro's side.

"...Have you come to make good on your promise, Zero?" Said his cold voice. "That you'd be here for me?"