A Wall

Kaname smiled, placing a paper down on the table. "You're up early."

Hiro had walked out of the bathroom, a towel on his head as he yawned, the sun beaming through the window. Kaname was asleep when he decided to go shower, and he hoped he would be able to snuggle back into bed before class started.

"Yeah...I could say the same for you." Hiro walked over to the couch. He took a seat beside Kaname, criss-crossing his legs and turning his body to face him. His clothes were still a little wet, and his hair dripped into the towel.

His face was calm, but he seemed troubled by something.

"You want to ask me something."

Hiro looked up in surprise, not liking the fact he was so transparent with his thoughts. He nodded anyway, frowning.

Kaname moved closer.

Hiro took a breath, thinking before he spoke.

"Back when I was with uncle..." Hiro looked Kaname in the eyes. "We spoke about many things. He told me about the Devil's Eye."

Kaname lifted his hand, Hiro taking it as they entangled their fingers together. Kaname used his other hand to caress Hiro's face, gently moving hair away.

"The Curse...had been casted a millennia ago. it was centuries after the war, in which Vampires were turning humans to slaves." Kaname explained, his eyes growing dark. "Two sisters on opposing sides sacrificed themselves. One believed in helping humans, and the other wanted to rule over them. One sister threw her heart into a furnace to power anti-Vampire weapons..."

Hiro raised an eyebrow. It was as if Kaname had been there himself to witness it. He looked a bit angry and solemn, and his feelings only grew the more he spoke.

"The other placed her eye within a Kuran ancestor with her dying breath. And then his lineage became tainted." He brought Hiro closer with soft arms. "Her blues eyes have been passed down to you."

Hiro leaned into him.

"Is there a way to stop it?"

Kaname looked down at Hiro, their eyes meeting.

He was so small, so beautiful. His eyes were bright and full of hope, but beyond them was an endless tunnel of dismay and despair. Kaname was surprised he hid it so well.

Running a hand through Hiro's curls, he landed a small kiss on his head. Hiro's eyes fluttered at the soft feeling, another kiss planted on his neck.

"There must be a way to end it." Hiro blushed as another kiss landed on his cheek. "Isn't there?"

"...Hiro." Kaname said softly, not wanting him to ask anymore.

Hiro frowned, looking up with a sigh. "There has to be."

Hiro yelped when he was pulled closer and placed on top of Kaname's lap. Kaname snuggled into him with a smile.

"K-Kaname-" He blushed brightly.

He gasped when he felt lips on his skin. With a quiet groan, Hiro felt his body grow warm.

His body began to tingle and his stomach began to burn.

Kaname licked his neck lightly. He buried his head within the crook of Hiro's neck, sighing softly. 

"Kaname!" Hiro pushes his face away, sighing.

They meet with their eyes, Hiro's brows knitting together.

"...is there a way?" He asks again.