Promises

Zero couldn't look away from the roof.

It was like a storm.

He could smell Hiro's blood and it kept spilling out. He was worried, even through his fatigue. Would Hiro be okay? Did he change forever?

There had to be a way to kill the curse, return Hiro back to normal.

So much was happening, and his lack of blood was making him hungry and disoriented.

He moved away from Yuki, leaning against a tree.

He didn't know what to do.

Vampires were attacking the school, Hiro had become dangerous, and he was in no shape to do much of anything.

"Yuki, you have to go inform the headmaster."

"Im not leaving you." Yuki told him, her face full of fear. She didn't know what to do either.

Zero cursed, wondering where Kaname ran off to. He was angry.  The damnPureblood's help was needed. It was a matter of life and death now.

He could feel spikes of pressure building in the air.

"Go, Yuki!" He told her, frowning at his childhood friend. "The headmaster needs to know what's going on. Someone has to tell him."

As he spoke, she unbuttoned her shirt, getting closer to him.

He felt himself losing control, and knew that if he started drinking her blood, he wouldn't stop. She would die if she didn't leave now.

Luckily, they weren't alone.

"Welp, looks like you two want some privacy?" Someone said with a chuckle.

They both turned at their schoolmate.

"Where is Hiro?" Takuma asked, looking between them.

Yuki and Zero said nothing, looking up at the roof. The building itself was beginning to crack and crumble from the sheer force of the two Purebloods.

He turned to Zero, lifting his sleeve and extending his arm to the hunter.

"No." Zero told him.

He's shocked when Takuma doesn't back down. "I'm not asking."

Zero weighs his chances and takes his arm, biting into it and swallowing quickly.

"Gain your strength so you may help us." Takuma tells him. He's determined to fix things somehow, and he knows his grandfather would show up at any minute, awaiting Rido's commands. He'd put an end to Ichijou's plans, and hopefully save Hiro as well.

Yuki clutched her weapon, looking at the small team.

"...what do we do?"

__________

The last of the council had turned to ash, and Kaname stood above the sands of their lives with an angry glare.

Ichijou wasn't there, meaning he was on his way to the school. He wondered what he planned on doing, really, knowing Rido would most likely keep him as a lackey.

But maybe that was what Ichijou wanted, hoping to watch Rido go mad with power and pave the way for him, before killing Rido himself.

Kaname knew he hated Purebloods and wanted their power for himself, having no moral qualms about having his own grandson betray his friends for the sake power and destruction.

It was appalling, really.

With Hiro gone, it will be easier for Zero and Yuki to kill Rido. He doesn't have Hiro's body to work with, and won't have that extra power to help him out.

It was time for him to make his way back to the school.

He pondered over awakening Yuki. Her memories will affect her if he leaves her as a human.

...and she deserves to remember Hiro.

But would it be better for her to remain human?

He'd want her to be happy, just like their parents had dreamed of.

He'd want her to be human and to go to school and grow old and smile and laugh, without the need to drink blood or never see the sun.

It hurt.

He felt hollow.

"I can't live without you." Is a lie, Kaname realized.

It isn't the absence of that person that kills you, but instead the fact that the world continues to spin without them.

You're still alive after them.

You live without them, and that's the most horrible part.

Everyday feels like a sinking regret. Kaname knows this feeling all too well, and wonders if he could tear out his own heart much like Hiro did.

But he has work to do.

He has an eternity to mourn, and even with all that time, he knows the pain will be just as fresh as the first day he's felt it.

A/N: Kaname is a damn psycho. He gives Aizen vibes with planning and waiting.

Somehow, my fav character, BEHIND the headmaster.

I have a 5 fav list: (lemme kno urs)

1. Kaien
2. Kaname
3. Juri and Haruka (dream blunt rotation)
4. Zero
5. Takuma/Yuri