The Enemy of my Enemy...

In the darkness of her own castle, a woman waits for her visitor to arrive.

Lavender stared at the young Pureblood, eyes narrowed in concentration.

"It's strange for human boys to seek me out."

Ichiru gave a small smirk, a soft laugh leaving him. "Is it..?" He asked.

Sara Shirabuki ran a finger over her nails, opting to paint them another color. But what would be the best polish to use?

"How do you know me?" She asked curiously.

His lavender eyes looked into her mix of blue and purple. With a slight frown, he stepped forward.

"My master, Shizuka Hio, had recalled your name to me once before."

Sara smiled, remembering the Madly Blooming Flower.

"Ah yes. It's quite unfortunate how she met her end." She said with feigned sympathy.

Ichiru frowned, recalling the way Hiro had walked back into the room with her body in tow.

It was an image he would never forget, burned and carved into his head forever.

"Yes..." he agreed. "Tragic."

"So why do you come to me, hunter?" She leaned forward in her chair. "You want to avenge your dear master?"

Ichiru didn't answer.

Sara hummed and folded her hands. "I see. And why should I help you?"

"Every Vampire despises the Kurans."

He recalled Shizuka's words. She had said it years ago when she mentioned the man named Rido.

"The Kurans..." Ichiru began. "You wish to eliminate them, do you not?"

Sara seemed surprised by his bold statement. She laughed sweetly, covering her mouth with the back of her hand.

She liked this bold child. No wonder Shizuka kept him around, she thought with amusement.

Ichiru didn't have time to waste trying to recruit allies. He wasn't sure about this Pureblood, truthfully.

"Of course." She answered him. "It seems we have the same goal."

Ichiru nodded. "Yes, it does."

Sara stood up, walking over to him. "It's strange Shizuka never turned you." She reached for his cheek, smiling. "Yet you were so fiercely loyal."

He stared down at her, ready to attack if needed.

But she only smiled.

"What is your name?"

"Ichiru Kiryuu."

She smiled wider at his name. The son of the famous late vampire hunters on her side? What a powerful chess piece. 

"Stick by my side, Ichiru." She told him. "And I will make sure you get your chance at revenge."

She placed a hand on her chin, eyes bright as she turned to the window. "You worked under Rido Kuran didn't you?"

"I did..."

"What do you know about the Devil's Eye?" She asked, smiling darkly. "Won't you tell me..?"