Chapter 1 - Before Disaster

(Y/N's POV) 

            Warmth surrounded my cheeks; The morning sunlight that shone through my curtains was just enough to wake me. My eyes quickly shut as the light was too much for my newly awoken. For the split second my eyes were open, it felt like needles going into my skull, not to mention that the light bounces off of the perfectly white snow right to my window. "Uuuggghhh", I groan. I rolled over, hoping to find the energy that I don't have to go back to sleep. I hate mornings. My head throbbed from the events the previous nights. I really need to stop drinking so much. I stumbled out of the bed only to be met with the freezing wood floor. Why the hell are the floors so cold? And where are my slippers?! I screeched out loud, secretly hoping my neighbors didn't hear. I scanned the floors just to find them casually laying near my desk. A sigh left my lips as I walked over to them. I slid the slippers on, the fur worked as an insulator to keep my feet warm. I walked to the wardrobe to grab an oversized black hoodie, light blue skinny jeans, a grey t-shirt that was purposely ripped. I walked over to the bathroom and set my clothes down on the counter as I took off my sleepwear, turning on the shower then hopping in. I let the hot water hit my skin as I woke up more little by little. It felt nice.

{An hour later}

            I close the door behind me, the click reassuring me that it's locked. I felt that the had wind picked up, the cold winter breeze filling my senses. I shook it off and started to slowly walk down the stairs keeping my head down. How did Korea become so corrupted? I wondered. I remembered the sweet memories of when I could go out and play in the snow, unafraid of the dangers that could lurk, those days don't exist anymore. I walked a few blocks before it lightly started snowing. I stuck my hand out. Small, soft snowflakes landed ever so gently on my fingertips. I watched as they melted with the slight warmth of my hand. A small smile formed on my face. Funny. I never smile. The thought of my euphoria made me smile even wider. My moment of happiness was cut short when I heard gunshots in an alley nearby. I jumped when I heard it and quickly sprinted to my destination, scared out of my wits. "I just wanted food! Why can't I ever just do anything in peace!" I cry out in utter frustration. I almost slipped on the ice a few times in the action. I slow down as I approach the bus stop. I slump down onto the bench, panting and blood rushing through my body. 

{10 minutes later}

            The bus comes to a screeching halt as I watch it. Two people step off, they were both dressed in all black from head to toe. I started to worry that they might try something, knowing what people are like these days. A huge weight was lifted off my shoulders when they simply walked past. I got on and paid for the ride. As I sat down I relaxed in my seat, knowing that if something happened there were other people on board. I look out the window to see the two people dressed in black staring directly at me. One had a boxy grin, and the other had an intense smirk plastered on their face. The one with the boxy smile mouthed "Found you.~", just as the bus started to drive away from the stop. I watched as they continued to watch the bus then follow it. They couldn't have been looking at me, right? Yeah, there's no way they were looking at me. Must've been someone else... I got up carefully and looked around, seeing that there was no one else in the row they could've been looking at. I sat back down with a nervous smile on my face. They were looking at me. Pure fear poured over my body.