Chapter 34 - Calm Before the Storm

Chapter 34 - Calm Before the Storm

(Y/N's POV)

I looked down at the ground. He stood there enraged, waiting for an answer. Everything was quiet. Jin stood behind Namjoon, his face written with confusion and concern.

"It's none of your business..." I spoke, my voice quiet. I turned away from him but he grabbed my wrist. I gave him a short glare before just looking away. My eyes met the ground once more, but I guess Namjoon wasn't having any of my 'I'm not gonna tell you' attitude. I felt a strong tug on my arm as Namjoon was dragging me down a hallway. I looked back only to see Jin trying to quickly follow. I attempted to pull my wrist out of Namjoon's grip but it was as strong as steel. We turned a corner sharply and I lost sight of Jin. He pulled me into a room that looked like his office but far different. It wasn't a dark red color, but a bright orangish-red. He threw me once again on the ground, my back hit and immediately felt something drip down my back.

"I said to explain what the hell just happened." His voice was so low and menacing. I felt a large lump in my throat, and a small twinge in my chest as I sat up slightly. I stared at him as he looked like he was about to explode with anger and annoyance. I didn't notice the hot tears dripping from my eyes as I stared at him. Namjoon's gaze softened as he saw my tears.The first slight dripping on my back felt as it turned into small streams flowing down. I can't tell him, I won't tell him. Come on, Y/N, come up with something believable, come on, come on, come on! Then it hit me, the only lie I could come up with. Namjoon's eyes were still piercing, but he sat on the ground, watching my every move. "Just tell me what happened, that's all I want to know." He moved his hand close to my face and I flinched. He frowned at my movement and wiped my tears with his thumb. "Okay, now tell me what happened." He waited patiently as I thought up my story.

"He... He was my ex's friends. . ." Namjoon furrowed his brows as if that couldn't be possible. I continued "T-They were absolute psychopaths... I hate them, I hate them all. He's the fucking reason that..." I cut myself off, not wanting to spill anything to him. Not wanting to relive the nightmare again. He didn't look fully convinced. He opened his mouth as if to say something but closed it quickly. I felt slightly dizzy and everything became just slightly blurry than before. It all focused once more and I saw Namjoon with his hand on my shoulder. He looked at his hand and his eyes hardened.

"Oh, Shit." He murmured softly. He leaned me against his desk slowly. "Y/N, how do you feel right now?" I couldn't focus on his words. "Well, that answers my question." He stood up, leaving me there. Namjoon opened the door and quickly walked out. He came back soon with Jin. They were yelling at each other again, the words all jumbled to me. Namjoon looks angry and so did Jin. Why is everything in slow motion? Why are they both so upset? My thoughts faded. I was tired and couldn't really feel my back. Good, it's healed, maybe I can get my escape plan in action. Jin scooped me up in one quick motion. God, my eyes are heavy and I am definitely tired. Darkness, every single time. Just the darkness.

His hand collides with my cheek once more. Tears are flowing as I beg him to leave me alone. "I told you to do as you're fucking told!" He yells at me. "Suho is going to be so disappointed. You're worthless. You're never going to be anything, just accept your fate! You should be fucking grateful that Suho pitied you! If it was my choice, I would have killed you just like we did your parents." He repeats it every time. I should be in school. I live in fear. He's right: I will never amount to anything.

"I'm sorry..." He stops and he smiles that horrible, sadistic, deceitful smile. "I'll behave and listen now..." He slaps me again. I hold my tears, I won't let them be free.

"Better. I think you're finally getting the message. I think schools about to get out and we wouldn't want your dear, sweet auntie to know that you were here. So when your aunt gets the call that you ditched school, what are you going to say again?" He gives me the same smile and I look down.