Chapter 17 - Mistaken

(Y/N's POV)

I tightened my grip on Yoongi's arm. We walked in and I noticed that the carpet was red. Everyone had masks on and elegant dresses. I looked at Yoongi, but he kept looking forward. I heard people whispering, girls swooning, and guys making disgusting comments. Namjoon glanced back at me, he didn't show any emotion. He walked towards me and Yoongi, unlatching his arm with mine, and took a step back. I stood there wanting someone's arm to hold onto. Namjoon bowed to me and put his handout. I looked around and quickly grabbed his hand. He locked his arm with mine, making me feel a bit better, and the whispers turned from girls swooning to girls saying rude, hateful things and men backing off completely. We kept walking in.

"Thank you," I whispered. He looked down at me, his stone-hard expression, turned to a slight smile.

"No problem, Princess." His smile was sweet and caring. I held his arm tighter, afraid of these people.

I heard gasps, and "Oh my god" I looked around, and looked back up at him. "What are they gasping about?" He looked back down at me.

"They are gasping because of two things. I smiled, or at least did it in public, and because I have a girl with me." I was confused. Do girls not like him?

"But Namjoon, why wouldn't girls want to date you? You are all very attractive people?" I didn't realize what I had said but turned pink when I did. He chuckled, causing many more gasps everyone was looking at us, we were now the main "attraction".

"Princess, it's not that they don't want to date us, but that we have such high standards that no one ever meets them.

"But Namjoon, don't you think that these girls are pretty. I feel ugly compared to them."

He was about to speak when someone stopped me and him. I looked at the girl, who stopped us, then Namjoon. She immediately gave me a death glare and started hugging his side. He shook her off, which made her pout. I looked at him, and he gave me a sweet smile.

"Joon, give me a smile. I've loved you more than this slu-" He cut her off by narrowing his eyes at her.

"Don't you dare talk about Y/N that way or I'll destroy Blackpink in seconds." The girl backed away from him.

"We have a meeting in 10." She said while walking away. I looked around and spotted Yoongi leaning against a wall, waiting for Namjoon to call him over. Girls were trying to talk to him. Actually, girls were trying to flirt and talk to all of the boys. I saw Jungkook, struggling with how many girls were trying to speak to him at once. I looked back at Namjoon and he was talking to someone. I moved my arm out of Namjoons and started to walk towards Jungkook. I glanced at Yoongi, who was still watching me like a hawk. There were about 16 girls trying to flirt and talk to Jungkook. I tapped him on the shoulder, and he turned to see me. I was shorter than a lot of the people here, so almost everyone was looking down on me.

"Y/N, shouldn't you be with Namjoon?" he was giving me his full attention, making the other girls jealous and angry. "You didn't run away from him, did you?" He raised his eyebrows, wondering if I was misbehaving.

"Well, I was but Namjoon is talking to people, and I don't want to get in his way, but in a certain way, I guess I did walk away from him. Besides, Yoongi is watching me this entire time." Jungkook he looks over me and nodded his head. I assumed he saw Yoongi.

"So, what's up?" He raised his eyebrow again, I looked over at Yoongi and he wasn't looking at me this time.

"You said there would be food, so I wanted to know if you would like to get some with me?" His eyes turned from suspicion to excitement. He grabs my hands and kinda starts to jump a bit.