Chapter 27 Second Task

Your Pov

I walk down the halls with Luna talking about our time at the yule ball. "What I heard you kissed somebody at the Yule Ball," Luna confronted me about the kiss which made me blush just talking about it. "How do you know?" I asked blushing crazy as Luna smiled at me. "A couple of Ravenclaws saw you and Cedric kissing in front of the Gryffindor tower," Luna admitted which I hide my face.

"Please tell me only your house knows," I asked as Luna nodded her head. "What I know only my house knows. Don't worry they won't tell anybody," Luna reassures me as I smiled. "Hey Y/N," I turn around to see Cedric happy to see me. Luna looked at me then Cedric "I'm gonna go and find a Blibbering Humdinger bye Y/N," Luna awkwardly leaving me alone with Cedric.

"So...is there something you wanted to asked me?" I curiously asked Cedric who was smiling. "Well, I finally figured out the second task," Cedric happily said as I was happy for him. "That's great Cedric," I smiled which Cedric smiles back. "By any chance do you know where Harry is? I want to return a favor," Cedric asked as I thought where Harry could be.

"I think he might be at the wooden bridge," I said as Cedric smiled "Do you want to come with me," Cedric offered as I blush a bit. "I would love to," I said happily as Cedric held my hand.

Harry's Pov

"Harry you told me you'd figured the egg out weeks ago. The task is two days from now," Hermione lectures me. "Really? I had no idea," I said sarcastically as Hermione rolled her eyes at me. We were silent for a minute "I suppose Viktor's already figured it out," I said as Hermione looks at me. 

"Wouldn't know. We didn't actually talk about the tournament. Actually, we didn't talk at all. Viktor's more of a physical being," Hermione said which sounded wrong. I smirked as Hermione laughed "I just mean he's not particularly loquacious. Mostly he watches me study it's a bit annoying actudlly," Hermione admitted.

 "You are trying to figure out this egg out aren't you?" Hermione curiously asked which I looked at her "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked Hermione "It just means these tasks are designed to test you in the most brutal way. They're almost cruel," Hermione explains as I look away.

"And.." Hermione moves over to get my attention "I'm scared for you. You got by dragons mostly on nerve. I'm not sure it's going to be enough this time," Hermione concerned about me and the tasks. "Hey Potter," I turn around to see Cedric and Y/N holding hands?! I looked at them then started to walk away.

What is Y/N doing with that guy? are they dating? "Potter," Cedric called out as I turn around "Cedric," I said seeing Y/N is with Hermione. "How...? How are you?" Cedric curiously asked "Spectacular," I awkwardly said. "Look I realize I never really thanked you properly for tipping me off about those dragons," Cedric thanking me. 

"Forget it. I'm sure you would've done the same for me," I said trying to get out of the conversation. "Exactly. You know the Prefects bathroom on the fifth floor?" Cedric curiously asked as I nodded my head. Cedric came closer to me "It's not a bad place for a bath," Cedric whispers then begins to back away. "Just take your egg and mull things over in the hot water," Cedric suggested as I watch him walk away with Y/N holding hands again.

____________________________________________________________

Your Pov

I kept searching in the library trying to figure out what harry meant. "Harry tells me again," I asked "Come seek us where our voices sound," Harry said tired of keep repeating himself "The Black lake, that's obvious," Hermione pointed out as I took a seat next to Harry tired of searching.

Hermione shook Ron awake then walk towards Harry "An hour-long you'll have to look," Harry said dropping his head onto the book. "Again, obvious. Though, admittedly, potentially problematic," Hermione said which made Harry look at Hermione in shock. "Potentially problematic? When's the last time you held your breath underwater for an hour, Hermione?" Harry said piss off.