•7•

--Jennie--

Warm. Dry. Safe. Comfortable.

Even before her mind would shift back to consciousness, Jennie could feel her body was okay.

But she had spoken too fast.

Soon enough, her head started to hurt. But it wasn't just a small headache, it felt like it was about to explode at any moment.

Fuck, this hurts.

She decided to try and open her eyes. Slowly, her eyelids obeyed to her and opened to a ceiling. There wasn't much light, so her eyes didn't squint and she quickly adjusted to her surroundings.

She slowly turned her head to discover that she was in a bed, tucked in and covered up to the chin. The bedroom was rather small and messy, with some clothes scattered on the chair, other stuff feeling the desk. The curtains were closed, and by looking at the faint light beams escaping from them, the girl guessed it was morning.

And that's when it all clicked.

Where am I? What am I doing here? Wasn't I-

The trip. The school. The long walk. The men.

Everything flowed back in her head and hit her like a rocket. What had happened to her? Where was Tannie? Her bags?

And where was she?

She tried to get up but miserably failed. Her head was aching so hard she wanted to bang on the walls. All of her body felt drained out of energy, and...

Tears started to well up in her eyes.

This was worst than any other cases she had prepared for.

First she was refused from the University. Then she didn't find anyone to help her or host her. Then she got drenched by the rain. And then those men came...

She tiredely managed to raise up and sat in the bed, feeling sore everywhere. And that's when she noticed she didn't have the same clothes.

Instead of her blue T-shirt and denim shorts, she was wearing an oversized grey T-shirt and some shorts that were way too big.

And their scent... was actually familiar. But who-

She was caught off in her thoughts when the door of the bedroom opened. Revealing someone she didn't expect to see in her life again.

"Taehyung?"

The boy approached her.

"Why are you crying? Does it hurt somewhere?"

She didn't even realise that tears were still flowing on her cheeks. But she was too stunned to wipe them away.

"Taehyung? I-Is that you? "

The boy just sat down on the edge of the bed and looked at her with reassuring eyes.

Those dark chocolaty eyes she could always look in. Those dark eyes that screamed safety.

Her sobs doubled which made the boy widen his eyes.

"Hey, hey, easy, okay? Everything's going to be fine. Here, drink this."

Nothing was fine.

Yet when the words came from his mouth, Jennie believed them.

She took the tea cup from his hands that he had brought when he came in.

She muttered a little "thank you" and drank the hot drink, her insides curling and relaxing. Once she had downed the whole thing, she put it on the nightstand.