•64•

--Taehyung--

Saying the process was painful was a clear understatement.

What the fuck are you talking about. Ha, it's not a process.

It's for life.

The boy still couldn't grab the fact that his eyes would open to darkness. To blackness. To void.

Forever.

Yes, he could hear her, feel her.

But he couldn't see her beautiful smile.

Or her diamond tears.

Or her milky skin.

He simply couldn't, his eyes refusing to let the light inside.

Taehyung moved his head a little, trying to forget the pain in his temples, and concentrate instead on the small regular breaths of the girl sleeping on his chest.

At least she's safe. That's all what counts.

At the beginning, Taehyung had thought he had died. Hearing Jennie crying but not seeing her, you can imagine the situation.

But then when she had talked about getting the doctors, then doctors started checking him up, and then Jimin had come in with Jungkook and told him they had called the police and fire fighters, the boy had quickly changed stances.

Taehyung was blind. Thanks to a nice retina detachment that wasn't treated. He had also been in coma for one week, and Jimin has told him they thought he wouldn't make it.

But then, when he had heard about Jennie, his temper had risen up to the last degree.

Jimin had told him the doctors had announced lower chances of survival for the brunette. Turned out she woke up first, enduring two days without knowing about him still being out.

And the worst was her condition, with the 'no sleep' treatment.

For Taehyung, that clearly was bullshit.

But what could he say?

Jimin had warned him to not talk about their conditions right now, since Jennie had taken it really bad and was on the verge of breaking down anytime.

And that was not wanted, considering her heavy medication.

But at the same time, the dark-haired knew he would have reacted the same way if he had been in her shoes.

What if he had woken up to learn that the love of his life was in coma?

And had, what, 30 % chances of survival?

The boy didn't know how Jennie had withstood with the situation, knowing he would have jumped off the window a long time ago.

But now, the key was to not worry her. She was already weak and shaken off by the crazy events, and he did not want to risk anything.

As much as the pain would make him suffer internally, he would never show it to her.

Because one way or another, he didn't believe some random stimulators would wake her up from another black out.

Jennie suddenly stirred while her arm went around his body, making him smile.

And try to contain the stinging tears.

He heard her yawn and moan in sleep, and his own arm tightened around her small waist he had been holding onto all night.

"Jen?"