•71•

-Jennie-

He wouldn't dare look into her eyes.

And somehow that hurt even more.

They were all four standing downstairs in front of their building's door, watching men get into buses.

But Jennie was staring at Taehyung's eyes. Desperately trying to pray something would happen.

Maybe there's still a chance he won't leave-

Why are you so selfish.

Jennie bit her lips as she knew it was useless fighting the flowy cold tears on her cheeks, simply letting the wind dry them.

No one was moving, there was nothing to say.

Even though Jennie had a thousand words to spill.

Well I guess life never turns easy.

At least I had the chance to meet him.

A shy smile made it's way through her broken face as she stared at the boy who changed her life.

That tall and somehow unreadable guy that showed dark eyes to everyone.

That guy who she couldn't imagine a life without.

That person she was willing to be with, to guide and to pray for every seconds of the day.

Slowly she took Taehyung's hand in hers and squeezed it to make the boy look at her.

And all she gave him was a grateful smile.

"It's ok Taehyung. I'll be here for you always."

The dark haired didn't utter a word, and instead of seeing his eyes soften, they only darkened even more.

"Taehyung-"

He brushed her hold out as he walked passed her, not giving her another look as he walked right up the bus.

And Jennie could only watch him go inside and disappear, her mouth dropping and eyes wide open.

Next to her, Jungkook and Jimin were seemingly shaken by Taehyung's move, as they gave hesitant stares towards the girl.

But Jennie didn't seem to mind.

She didn't even hear them wish goodbyes or hug her.

She didn't even see them leave.

She nearly didn't realise the bus had left ten minutes ago.

And that she was alone in the empty street.

And that it had started raining.

It had been around three hours they had left. The clock was soon going to strike noon, but the girl's stomach didn't seem to complain.

Her body was motionlessly sitting on the kitchen's chair, eyes lost in the grey walls, hands inert on her laps.

They were all gone.

She was alone again.

But that's alright. They will come back.

A small smile cracked on her lips as she remembered how only last night Taehyung and her were together, so happy, sharing stupid stories and talking about life, before falling asleep in each others arms.

She refused to think this was over.

It wasn't, and maybe that was why he hadn't told her goodbye.

The sky darkened even more as rain tapped continuously on the windows, creating a monotone atmosphere.

Maybe I should start cooking. I'm going to learn how to cook exquisite dishes.

Yea, that will make them all three happy, when they come back the table will be full.

A pang of energy submerged in her dead heart as she got up, looking around as if somebody was miraculously going to appear by the door.

Maybe Jimin asking why the TV wouldn't work when it's not even plugged in.

Or Taehyung randomly walking in to hug her for twenty minutes straight.

Or just Jungkook wanting a sandwich.

A small sigh escaped her as she brushed those memories away.

You've been stronger than this.

Everything is going to be alright.

"Last night, the North Koreans once again anticipated our moves. Nine buses in leaving from Seoul in direction of the general bases were bombed. There were no survivants. This is a drastical news for all, investigators and the armed forces are already planning to-"

Jennie dropped the TV remote control as her breath suddenly stopped.

The list of the attack's victims was still unfolding.

But she had seen already.

Kim Dae-Ho

Lee Hyun

Bak Gook

Man Seo-Jun

Hak Min-Jun

Jeong Kyeong

Bu Suk-Chin

An Hwan

Jin Chin-Hae

Park Jimin

Pan Byeong-Cheol

Dang Taegeun

Seong Won-Shik

Yoo Chung

Han Young-Jae

Pung Haneul

Mok Hak-Kun

Jong Hyuk

Nam Bo-Seon

Jeon Jungkook

Cho Jae

Mae Geon

Wang Sang-Ook

Sun Yong-Sun

Hwang Bitgaram

Bin Chung-Hee

Yun Hee

Kim Taehyung

The end