•58•

--Taehyung--

Taehyung didn't have the time to react.

To do something.

To scream.

In the blink of an eye, the floor caught on fire.

He had planned everything, and Taehyung hadn't seen it.

And he was blaming himself for that.

In mere seconds, the wooden tiles that had soaked in oil welcomed big flames, heat immediately blasting on the boy's face.

Taehyung's eyes opened wide in horror at the sparkling fire, the bright yellow and orange tint of it making him freeze on spot.

It wasn't that he hadn't believed his own father capable of doing this.

Or maybe it was.

But as the smoke quickly submerged in his lungs, reality struck him.

He would do anything to save Jennie.

And everything meant everything, this was simply another obstacle to his miserable life.

He slid an arm under the girl's bare legs and lifted her light body up, tightening his hold on her while praying that she was just sleeping.

Because that yet was another thing he wasn't sure of.

He quickly rushed to the only space that hadn't been touched by the doomed oil, and placed the uncousnious girl on the floor, before covering her with his sweatshirt.

And without waiting he ran back to the door, jumping over the flames that had started darkening the front of the room they were in.

If he had managed to break the lock at the entrance, this one was definitely impossible to move.

Taehyung crashed his whole body on the door, trying to make it flinch or bend at least, but nothing would make the damn door open.

"JUNGKOOK! JIMIN! HELP!"

He shouted on the top of his lungs before coughing from the prominent smoke that was forming in the air-

Wait.

Fuck, no.

There was no ventilation.

Which meant the smoke would stay in the room.

Which meant they wouldn't risk dying burnt alive.

But suffocated.

Taehyung banged on the door desperately, eyeing Jennie every three seconds to make sure the fire wasn't spreading where he had tucked her, even though it woudln't last long before the flames would get to the other side of the room.

"HELP! HELP US! JIMIN HYUNG! JUNGKOOK! HELP, PLEASE!"

Seconds turned into minutes, and Taehyung's screams and pleadings seemed to be unheard.

Because no one was coming.

How could they hear you when you're litteraly in the deepest fucking basement of the whole building.

Taehyung couldn't bare it anymore and he ran back to Jennie, jumping over the burning tiles.

He's so evil.

He uncovered her head and took the livid girl in his arms, holding her head on his chest and tightening his hold on her, while nuzzling his nose in her hair.