Yuki | After the Heartbreak

1190 words

Song; After the heartbreak by Brielle Von Hugel

---------------

Its the start of a new day

But it feels as though everythings ending

I woke up to an empty bed once again. I sighed and got up quickly. As I quietly opened and closed the door, I snuck down the stairs quietly. Yuki's familiar voice could be heard around the corner. Is he on the phone? I leaned on the wall and sneakily peaked around the corner to see Yuki on the phone. Why is he on the phone so early?

"Yeah I'll see you later. I love you too Machi

Those words changed everything

Still picking up pieces

From the broken love you gave to me

I sat numbly at the table. I knew Kyo, Tohru and Shigure were glancing at me worriedly, I could feel it. Yuki's seat next to me was empty. "Y/n-san" Tohru said hesitantly. I fake smiled at her. "I'm ok honda-san, I promise. I'll excuse myself" I said softly and left the dining area and went into the woods. The moment I was out of sight I instantly broke down.

Everyday I feel his feelings fade more and more and it hurts so so much. I know that everyone is worried about me and I try to put up a strong front but in reality i'm not even close to okay.

Have you ever seen the sun after the heartbreak?

Frozen somewhere in time

Have you ever seen the stars after the words goodbye?

Tears rolled heavily down my cheeks as I walked into the dining room with my suitcase. Shigure, Kyo and Honda looked at me with horrified expression. "Y-y/n-san why do you have a suitcase?" Honda asked urgently and stood up. Sadness flooded over her face and I couldn't look in her eyes. "Im leaving" I whispered and Kyo stood up quickly. 

"What did that damn rat do!" Kyo yelled. "Y-you cant leave" Kyo said sadly, his angry fascade faltering. I saw both his and Tohru's eyes tearing up. "Please don't cry" I urgently said and I even saw Shigure-san look down sadly. "You guys know I can't stay...it hurts to much" I said and looked around at them all. "I love you guys so much..you were the family I never had" I added and I was instantly wrapped in Tohru's tight embrace. She broke and began sobbing on my shoulder.

I tried to be strong but I began silently crying on her shoulder. I looked to see Kyo looking away as tears rolled down his cheeks. I gave hugs to all of them before going. "I love you all so much goodbye" was the last thing I said before leaving the Sohma house.

Footsteps are pounding

Like echoes when you came to wake me

(Before)

I heard Yuki's light footsteps and pretended to be asleep. The sound of the door opening was clear and Yuki's soft voice sounded. "Princess wake up" He whispered and lightly shook my shoulder. "Boo!" I screamed at scared the shit out of Yuki. I busted out laughing as the silver haired boy glared at me. I stood up. "Good morning Prince Yuki" I teased and kissed his cheek.

The space in my bed reminds me that you're gone

The voice in my head replays like a love song

I stared at the empty space on my bed and frowned. Yuki always laid next to me at night. I was a lost cause when he found me, both parents were dead and I had no where to go and no family who cared enough to go to. I was a broken girl afraid of her own shadow. But Yuki changed that. He changed who I was. But now who only messed me up even more.

Suddenly I heard a song being played outside. It sounded so familiar and it hurt. I slammed my window shut and roughly wiped at the unshed tears in my eyes. I missed him so much and it seemed like everything reminded me of him or the Sohma house and it broke my heart.

And the screams and the lies, They tear me up inside

Im left with an empty sky

(Before)

"I was just out with Honda-san Y/n" Yuki said and I grew angrier and angrier. "That's bullshit Yuki! She was with Kyo ALL DAY! YOU"RE LYING TO MY FACE!" I screamed as hot tears streamed down my cheeks. "I am not!" He screamed back and I grew so angry I swear I could hit something. Yuki left the room and slammed the door. I began to punch the wall and scream.

Suddenly Kyo and Tohru ran into my room and saw my messy state. That was the first time they saw me like this. My hair down messily, My eyes bloodshot and puffy, Tear stains on my cheeks and my knuckles bleeding from punching the wall. "Oh my god y/n!" Honda said and instantly ran to my aid. Kyo looked beyond pissed. 

When I first came here we bonded because of our similar emotions and over time he grew protective of me, Like an older brother. I knew what he was thinking and I quickly shook my head. "Kyo don't" I said and he looked conflicted but he stayed quiet and began to help honda-san mend my wounded knuckles.

I am lost in the dark, wanna be where you are

So hard to keep it together, When you pulled me apart

"THIS IS YOUR GOD DAMN FAULT YOU SELFISH RAT!" Kyo yelled at Yuki as he finally returned to the house. "What are you going on about you stupid cat" Yuki said rolling his eyes. Confusion crossed his face as he saw Tohru crying and Shigure was extremely quiet. "SHE LEFT BECAUSE YOU KEPT HURTING HER AND YOU DIDN"T CARE" Kyo yelled.

Yuki's expression changed to fear so quickly. He quickly ran up to his bedroom to see all your belongings gone. He ran down the stairs quickly. "Where did she go? Where is Y/n!" He said as he began to grow worried and scared. "She left" Shigure said quietly. Yuki felt his heart shatter. 

"This is your fault" Kyo growled and disappeared into the forest.

Haunted by your disguise, disappeared with the light

Days and nights feel like forever, All my innocence has died

After y/n left the Sohma house nothing was the same. Kyo never spoke to Yuki and Tohru went back to her normal self although she would cry at night wishing that she helped more. She blamed herself and said she should've done more and been a better friend. Shigure joked around a lot less and it seemed like even he was taking you're leaving hard. Yuki barely left his room at home. At school he still maintained his 'Prince Yuki' status but at home he was a mess. 

You were broken hearted. You quit school and worked at your job full time. You got an apartment in the city and tried to avoid the school and forest area as much as possible. No one would have thought this girl who seemed so happy was so utterly broken and hurt. Yuki and Kyo searched so hard for you but in the end the didn't find you and even though you snuck to the Sohma house to observe the people you so dearly loved, you never made yourself known.

------------

New story?

Hope you enjoy! :)