Akito | Must've Never Met You

1582 words

Must've Never Met You by Luke Combs

------------------------

Just pick yourself up

Dust yourself off

They say it ain't that hard

"It will be okay Akito" Tohru spoke naively to the head Sohma. Akito growled at the girl, a warning for her to shut up. Hatori watched Akito intently. He has been so much more aggressive since you left. He hated things he use to love. He locks himself in his room with no social interaction whatsoever.

But just puttin' one foot

In front of the other

Ain't gettin' me too far

Akito held the picture of you both in his hands. You were smiling so brightly and you stared at Akito with so much love. He ran his finger over the glass and the wisp of a smile appeared before it was gone.

This movin' on ain't comin' along

The way they said it would

Ayame sat on Akito's bed. "It will be fine Akito. She wasn't even all that" Ayame stated. Akito was enraged by this statement. " You have never met her" Akito growled through gritted teeth. Akito knew the breakup was his fault. He broke his promise, he put his hands on you. The memory of you crying and screaming at him was burned into his brain and it was slowly destroying him.

I guess, whoever said the grass was greener

Must've never seen the other side

What don't kill you makes you stronger

Sure sounds like a lie

"The grass is greener on the other side Akito" Shigure stated as he sat in the chair across from Akito. Akito scoffed and rolled his eye as his anger slowly rose. "What does not kill you makes you stronger" Shigure added and Akito growled. "Leave now!" He shouted loudly, his eyes held pain and fury. Shigure left back to his home before a maid entered the room. She dressed skimpily, a skirt that didn't hide much and her cleavage pushing out of her extremely tight and small shirt. "Hello Mr. Sohma" She stated softly trying to sound seductive. Akito's patience was running on a thread. She placed her hand on his upper thigh and that is when all hell broke through. Akito clawed and scratched and straight up attacked the girl. Hatori ran into the room at the sounds of the maid's loud screams. Hatori dragged Akito off of the girl and hurriedly shoved her from the room. Blood was splattered on the ground. Akito growled and laid back on his bed as his body ached. His eyes closed and drifted right back to you, like it always did.

And whoever said that time heals everything

And everything will be alright

Whoever said it ain't the end of the world

And you'll find somebody new

Must've never met you

Akito sat outside. He watched the birds and flowers as a light breeze blew. It was early spring, your favorite season. You use to come out and chase butterflies and climb trees as Akito sat and read a book, occasionally glancing at you to make sure you were okay. Akito's house felt dull after you left, like nothing was important anymore. "Is he still locked up" Akito heard a voice from the hallway. "He is hurting. He loved her" Akito recognized Hatori's voice. "Impossible! He loves no one, he will be alright, it isn't the end of the world for him" Yuki's voice was clear now. "You didn't know her. She brought him to life. He will never move on from her" Hatori stated truthfully. Akito decided to tune out the rest of the conversation and focus back on the scene that was in front of him. Suddenly a blue butterfly flew to Akito and perched itself on the top of his book. Akito stared at it and frowned, blue was your favorite color. He shooed the small insect away and took a painful breath before re-entering his bedroom.