Shigure | I Hope

1338 words

I Hope by Gabby Barrett

memories will be italicized

-----------------------------------------------

I, I hope she makes you smile
The way it made me smile
On the other end of a phone
In the middle of a highway driving alone

"So where are you?" Shigure asked through the car speaker that your phone was connected to. "Mm maybe an hour away" You stated as you drove on the mostly empty highway. You had to go out of town for work so you were gone for a few days. "Hurryyy~ I miss you" The male whined causing you to giggle and a large smile to break our on your face. "I cant speed silly" You told him as he whined again. "You are a child" You teased. "Stop being mean n/n" Shigure stated and you could hear the pout on his lips. "I love you" You stated with a smile. "I love you more meanie" Shigure replied and that widened your smile. 

Oh baby I
I hope you hear a song
That makes you sing along and gets you thinking 'bout her
Then the last several miles turns into a blur, yeah

"I just, I don't love you anymore" Shigure stated, remorse filling the pit of his stomach as he watched your eyes fill with tears. G/n grabbed his hand and he saw the heartbreak in your eyes. He felt bad but he just fell out of love with you. You sniffled and he saw the bitterness fill you. You simply nodded as you grabbed your belongings. He watched you intently as you walked down the hall to say goodbye to the others. Yuki and Kyo shot him deadly glares and from that day began to ignore. Tohru sadly hugged you goodbye. You explained how you wont be around anymore and they all knew why except tohru.

A few weeks had passed and Shigure was in the car and a unknown love song began playing. He smiled as g/n came to mind immediantly. However, when he began singing you came to mind. He shook his head and sang along, keeping g/n in mind the entire ride.

I hope you both feel the sparks by the end of the drive
I hope you know she's the one by the end of the night
I hope you never ever felt more free
Tell your friends that you're so happy

Shigure ranted to Hatori and Ayame about how much he 'loved' g/n and the pair couldn't help but frown. They were disappointed in Shigure for being so blind to cheat on you and leave you for this girl who they believed was using him. "Well, y/n is going out again, she has been on a few dates" Ayame interrupted shigure. Shigure's face fell and he nodded with a blank expression. The thought of you moving on bothered him but he ignored the feeling and continued his rant about g/n. "Im honestly so happy. I love her" Shigure admitted to the pair who simply nodded.

I hope she comes along and wrecks every one of your plans
I hope you spend your last dime to put a rock on her hand
I hope she's wilder than your wildest dreams
She's everything you're ever gonna need

Shigure sat at the restaurant table waiting for g/n to show up. Suddenly a familiar laugh caught his attention. He looked across to see you sitting with an unfamiliar face. You giggled and the guy placed his hand on yours. Shigure felt jealousy bubble within him. Suddenly g/n ran in and sat. "Im so sorry im late, I had to make a pit stop" She apologized. Shigure glanced back at you before making a huge scene. He got on his knee and proposed to g/n. You looked over to them curious from the gasp and cooes. You were surprised and hurt by the scene. That same bitterness filled you. You glared at Shigure. "I hope she cheats" You mouth to him and left the restaurant. 

Yeah babe, I hope she
Shows up in a 2 AM pic from her friend
Hanging on to a guy, and you just ain't him
I hope you stay up all night all alone waiting by the phone
And then she calls

You walked around the mall looking for tohru and the boys since you had lost them previously. You saw Shigure and stopped in your tracks. He sat alone at a cafe's table. He was staring down at his phone and biting his lip. His eyes were red and puffy. He suddenly looked up at you and was surprised to see you.  You felt bad but you already knew what he saw. The picture of his so called "fiance" hanging on to another guy in her friends picture. You sighed and shook your head before turning around and heading the other direction to find your friends. You loved him with all your heart but you couldn't help the karma that he deserved. Shigure tried to call his fiance many times but it went to voicemail. 

He went home but sat in his office and waited for the phone to ring. He was terrified of the chance of her cheating on him. He waited for hours until finally his phone rang and he saw it was her. He quickly answered and placed the phone to his ear.

And baby I
I hope you work it out
Forgive and just about forget
And take her on a first date again
And when you lean in for a kiss

 The girl insisted that nothing happened and that the guy was a mere friend. Shigure of course forgave her and insisted on them going out again like they did on their first date. "He is an idiot" Kyo commented. You chuckled and shrugged your shoulders. You stayed in contact with Kyo, Yuki and tohru considering you were only a few years older than them. "I feel bad" You stated and kyo furrowed his eyebrows. "About?" He questioned. " Is it bad that I hope she cheats, like he did on me" you asked and kyo thought silently for a moment. "Yes and no" He stated. "He deserves it but you are so pure and kind so its a shocker to hear from you" Kyo answered honestly. You sighed and nodded and you rested your chin on your palm.  

Suddenly Shigure entered the cafe. He was soaked from the rain and visibly upset. He stormed over to our table and started screaming at Kyo. You pushed him back slightly and stood in front of Kyo. "You will not talk to him like that" you growled and glared daggers at the man you once loved. "Move y/n!" He stated and you saw people starting to stare but you were too pissed to care at this point. "Ugh you are so infuriating! This is why I cheated!" He screamed and it hurt a bit but you were filled with anger. "You know what shigure" you stated. "I hope you both feel the sparks by the end of the night, I hope you know shes the one by the end of the night. I hope you never ever felt more free, tell your friends that your so happy! I hope she comes along and wrecks every one of your plans, I hope you spend your last dime to put a rock on her hand. I hope shes wilder then your wildest dreams! She's everything your ever gonna need! And then i hope she cheats, Like you did on me!" You screamed and he fell silent.

The cafe held an awkward silence. You quickly dragged Kyo out and left Shigure standing there stunned. When we got to my house you finally spoke. "Im sorry you had to see that" you stated and were surprised to see Kyo smiling. He chuckled and ruffled your hair. "You did good, he deserved it" Kyo replied. You nodded and smiled slightly. "You'll be fine without him, now get some rest" Kyo stated and you nodded. You waved goodbye and entered your home. A smile broke out on your face. It felt like a weight was lifted off your shoulders.