Hatori | Knees

669 words

———————————

I sat in front of the small audience of the café. I held the mic in my hand and frowned as I saw the sohmas appear. They looked shocked to see me on stage considering they knew how scared I was. Tohru waved and smiled and I waved back. I frowned as Hatori stared at his phone and didn't even look at me. The music began to play and I saw yuki smile at me along with Haru, Momiji and Tohru. Kyo even smiled a bit. I took a breath before I sang the first lyrics.

Sittin' in a parked car
We don't even fight no more
We don't even touch no more

Hatori then looked up and met my eyes.

Used to be my bestfriend We don't even laugh no more Barely even talk no more

I saw that the sohma's were now frowing and haru looked a bit ticked off. I saw him glaring at Hatori but Hatori stared at me intently.

You wanna hold my hand and then you wont You say you love me then you don't You keep me running and running around

At this point my eyes began to water. All the memories hit me like a truck.

"Whats wrong Hatori! You pull away from me all the time" I said but he shrugged and continued to treat Akito. "We never talk anymore" I said and he didn't respond. Akito looked at me and the slightest bit of sadness crossed over his features. I sighed and my eyes watered slightly. I walked out of the house and hoped that he would chase after me but he didn't.

Hatori and I walked in the park hand in hand. "I love you" He said and smiled and I replied with the same statement. Later that day he removes our hands and didn't reply when I said I loved him. I frowned and looked away from him, not wanting him to see me cry

If I'm not all you need Then just set me free I'm down on my knees

A tear rolled down my cheek and I gently wiped it away with my free hand. Hatori stared blankly and my heart broke more and more. I looked at the group and they were all frowning and I saw Tohru tearing up. Such a sweet girl she was.

If you're not the one for me Then just let me be I'm begging you please

I hoped that Hatori would give even the slightest sign that he cared but he stayed frozen and emotionless. More tears rolled down my cheeks and I held in a sob as I continued to sing the song I wrote.

I'm praying for closed doors and open windows
I'll follow where the wind blows
Don't be scared to leave

"He doesn't love you" Akito told me and smirked. I frowned and looked to the ground. "Hes just scared to tell, you but he's way over you" He added and tears rolled down my cheeks as I left the office and went home where I cried myself to sleep.

If you're not the one for me then just set me free
I'm down on my knees
Tonight

I looked back up to see Hatori gone...
I stopped singing and the audience cleared except for the sohma's. I felt my heart shatter into tiny little pieces . Haru looked around beffore running over and pulling me into his arms. He motioned for the rest to leave and they did.

"I'm so sorry love" Haru said with a frown and I shook my head. "He's just not in love with me anymore" I said, my voice cracking in the process. Haru places a gently kiss to your forehead and whispered sweet nothings to you in hopes of getting you to stop crying.

But little did you know, from the outside in that Hatori loved you so much more than you ever knew. Even enough to let you go.

"Be happy y/n....I love you"