Yuki | My Love

1305 words

My love by Lee Hi

---------------------------------------

I always watched over you from afar

Because seemed you love

You sat at the table surrounded by the Sohmas and Tohru. You sneaked glances at Yuki and saw as he stared confusingly as the group played 'Rich Man, Poor Man'. You thought he looked extremely adorable. "Y/n its your turn" Momiji called you snapping your from your thoughts. You nodded and made your move. After you was Kyo. You looked back over at Yuki and saw him smiling which made a smile grow on your face.

I thought you felt the same way

Although you were looking somewhere else

Your smile fell as you noticed where Yuki was looking. He was staring straight at Tohru. You felt your heart ache at the sight in front of you. You frowned and looked down at your lap. You suddenly stood up catching everyone's attention. "Where are you going?" Haru asked and you faked a smiled. "My mom wants me home early" You lied through your teeth and saw Yuki had went back to looking at Tohru. You grabbed your bag and quickly ran off before they could question you further.

Like the wind, Like the dust

I can't catch you

I can't see you

"Y/n!" you turned to see Haru running after you. You quickly wiped the tears from your cheeks and looked at the boy. Haru looked down at you and could see your hurt. He saw your lip quivering but you bit it to try and stop it. He noticed your puffy eyes and how they were watering. "Its Yuki, Isn't it?" He asked. You broke. Tears poured down your cheeks and you looked so fragile. Haru's expression softened and he hated that he couldn't pull you into his arms. He cupped your cheeks and gently wiped your tears as you pouted up at him. "Don't cry, please" the boy begged as your lip quivered once again. You stared into his eyes and he smiled softly at you. You calmed slightly and Haru gently held your hand and led you to your house. 

Remember love you

I love you

I believed it was love

I called it destiny

Yuki laid his head on your lap as he cried quietly. Kyo and Tohru started dating and it hurt Yuki. It broke your heart. Even if your heart was broken, you tried to mend his. You gently ran your fingers through your best friends silver hair as he sobbed. You kissed the top of his head and tried your best to comfort him. Yuki stared up at you through teary eyes. You smiled sadly at him. Butterflies filled your stomach as he leaned up and kissed you. He pulled away and looked away from you but remained on your lap. You smiled cheekily and looked away as your cheeks heated up.

I only answer to you

Hold on to me while i'm swaying

My love My love

"HI y/n-san will you go out with me?" one of your seniors confessed to you. Yuki grabbed your hand tightly. "Um im sorry senior-nim, I don't like you like that" you apologized before Yuki dragged you off to the dance floor. You guys were at a school dance. You watched as Kyo and Tohru dance and as Momiji and Haru conversed by the punch bowl. Yuki held your waist as you guys danced, sure to leave distance between you both and other girls. You smiled up at yuki till you noticed his eyes on something behind you. You slightly looked and saw the new girl, Machi Kuragi. Your smile hell and dread and sadness filled you. 

Down my heart's window

Tears fall

They answer me

You sat on your window seat and watched as it rained. Tears rolled down your cheeks and your weather seemed to match the weather. Dark and stormy. My heart ached at Yuki's disinterest in you. You were always there for him and it was killing you inside. He kissed you, was it just a joke to him? why was he playing with your heart? why didn't he care? You asked yourself the unanswered questions. 

You're someone

Who I cannot have

A person I have to forget

You watched Yuki converse with Machi. He smiled at her and your heart ached as you ripped your eyes from the scene. Haru sat next to you. "You okay?" he asked as he eyed yuki. YOu shrugged your shoulders. "I know you hate to hear it...but maybe it is best to let him go n/n. You can find someone who loves you like you love them" Haru stated. You knew he was right. You glanced back up at Yuki and Machi as you teared up. You then nodded softly and looked back down to your lap as tears fell.

My love is getting further away

I need to let you go

Because It's not me

Its been a month and Yuki just realized your distance from him. He was so distracted with his girlfriend, Machi, that you seemed to slip his mind. He looked around the school yard and saw you. You stood with four boys. You were laughing with them and you had a smile on your face. You felt eyes on you and looked around till your eyes locked with yuki's. Your stomach didn't fill with the butterflies that it use to and your heart didn't race. You smiled and nodded slightly before going back to your conversation. Yuki was surprised by your reaction. You would usually blush and hide your face.

Remember love you

I love you

I believed it was love

I called it destiny

One day your arm was tugged and you were dragged into an empty classroom. You looked up shocked and met yuki's eyes. "Um.. can I help you with something sohma-san?" you asked politely. Yuki grew frustrated at the fact that you no longer called him Yuki. "Why are you being like this" Yuki growled in frustration. You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion at the boy's question. "Why aren't you acting the same?" He questioned further and realization dawned on you. "Um..well" You weren't sure how to answer his question. "I moved on sohma-san. I am not the young girl who was head-over-heels in love with her bestfriend. I've grown and I will always love you but I am no longer in love with you" You answered honestly.

Remember love you

I love you

In your eyes

I'm living there

Yuki's heart dropped. You use to be in love with him. You smiled softly. "You will always hold a special place in my heart. My first love and heartbreak sohma-san. So thank you" You said with a genuine smile and kissed his cheek before he stepped back. You left the classroom and he followed you like a lost puppy. "Ayo, y/n we were looking for you" A boy yelled. The three familiar boys approached y/n. "Oh sorry I got caught up" She answered. One of the boys snaked his arm around y/n's waist and kissed her forehead. "Have a good weekend sohma-san" Y/n stated before the group began to make their way down the hallway. 

I only answer to you

Hold onto my while i'm swaying

My love 

Yuki stood in shock. He felt as if his heart dropped to his stomach. All your memories raced through his head and he remembered the night he kissed you. He remembered all the little touches and things that made you visibly shy and flustered. He was so caught up in others that he missed the obvious girl who loved him so deeply. "My love" he whispered softly and sadly as he saw you exit the school building.