Chapter 15 - F*ck You, God!

Eclipse Of The Moon ~ Book 1 of Aaron
Chapter 15
F*ck You, God!

Saturday 12 October 2002

At this stage, I know I'm not having a nightmare. This situation is worse than a nightmare.

It was supposed to be a great day. Our annual birthday celebration always makes a great day. It's never been much, just four best friends gathering as they do almost every day. Four best friends who share a cake that one of them made and sodas that the other three brought. Four best friends who spend a few hours together, talking, and laughing at crude jokes.

Today wouldn't have been much of an exception.

Since they are turning 17, and recently became young adults who discovered sex, they might have lurked at sexy pictures and given head to each other as birthday presents. Nothing much more than what they usually do in the end, but still with that idea of a celebration, knowing it would be their last one as such. Next year, they will all be in different places at that period of year, so it wouldn't be possible.

This was going to be their last childish celebration, and they were eager for it. A delightful afternoon at their shack, their safe place, their haven. But it turned into a disastrous drama as two strangers decided to ruin the party by sexually assaulting one of them.

This one is me. Honestly, I don't want to think about this awful experience right now because I don't know what to feel about it. There are more urgent matters at hand and for now, I am more shocked by Camden's distress and anger. One of his feet is trying to reach for the assaulter's hand while Mark is doing his best to hold him.

As the motherfucker loses his grip and lets himself fall on the ground, it seems like it releases a bit of pressure on the shack which finally stops shaking.

"Fuck!! He's going to run away!" Joshua growls as we hear the man yell and curse down the tree and indeed, his footsteps soon begin to fade away.

"Cam, stop fucking moving! You're gonna make us fall!" Mark yells as he is trying to hold our writhing friend with one arm and his legs, gripping a branch of the tree with his other hand. They are in a worse position than Joshua and me since we are closer to the ladder and further inside the shack.

"Ron, I'm going to try and carry you down... so I can go and help Mark, okay?"

Still gagged, I nod and let Joshua drag me to the ladder the best he can. I don't care that my sweatpants and underwear are still at my ankles, I am way past beyond modesty around my friends. Joshua is well-built from regular physical exercise, but I am tall and almost a dead weight for him, so it takes him a good five minutes to cautiously drag me to ladder and carry me down.

"Josh... Try to hurry..." Mark utters painfully just as we reach the ground, so Joshua drops me there and climbs back up the ladder to go and help Mark with Camden.

That's when I see it... The other man's body lying on the ground, in a weird position that doesn't allow me to see his head. The other guy has fled already but this one doesn't seem to move at all. I don't dare reach for him, not for fear of what he may do to me, but I am scared to discover a truth I don't want to hear or see.

Please God... Don't tell me he's dead...

I have never had a problem with disrespecting some of the Commandments, but not the one that says Thou Shalt Not Kill. I don't care being a sinner for my lies, my lust and what's not, but I can't be a murderer.

"Hey Ron... How are you, Bro?" Mark suddenly asks me softly as he removes the tape and the gag in my mouth before he frees my wrists. I realize that I have curled up with my legs pulled up against my chest, staring in emptiness. This pulls me out of my daze, allowing me to see that my three friends are now all on firm ground.