Chapter 31 - Half-Confession

Eclipse Of The Moon ~ Book 1 of Aaron
Chapter 31
Half-Confession

Friday 27 June 2003

"I swear I'm going to fucking kill you, Aaron!!" Joshua growls when he answers my call.

"And I might even help him this time," Mark seethes.

"Eleven fucking days, Ron!!! Are you fucking kidding us?" Cam then adds, and if it weren't for the knot forming in my stomach at my best friends' irritation, I would burst out laughing at the way Ivan grimaces from all these swear words.

Well, their anger was more than expected, but adjourning this call wouldn't have helped in any way and in any case, I couldn't backtrack from the message I had sent them last night to inform them that I would call on Josh's phone at 1pm their time today. My only hope was that they would be able to gather together, but it seems like it was no problem.

Anyway, I am ready. Ivan's here and I can feel his support, so yes, I am prepared and ready.

All in all, yesterday was a very good day. After the annoying medical check-up, Ivan and I went shopping as he promised.

Shopping?

Shopping, my ass! It's not called shopping, it's called raiding the shops!

Within two hours strolling among the stores on Rodeo Drive, Ivan basically purchased a complete wardrobe for me, and I ain't even overstating that. A huge stock of underwear that includes thirty pairs of socks – like who needs thirty pairs of freaking socks!? – and the same number of those sexy boxer briefs that Joshua usually wears – and which are much sexier than my old plain briefs. Six pairs of shoes that range from casual to formal as well as sneakers. And then jeans, chinos, joggers, shorts, an entire collection of tee-shirts, hoodies, a denim jacket and even a business suit with a couple of dress shirts and ties!

Did I protest? Of course, I did! This was blowing out of proportion! However, I am slowly getting to know Ivan and it's just pointless to even try to argue when he starts glaring.

One might think that it was enough expenses in one day, right?

Wrooooooooooooooong!

Then came the accessories like caps, sunglasses, a belt, a new backpack, toiletries, cologne and what's not. Also, since he had gotten the information he wanted on the GED, we stopped by a bookstore to get what I would need to prepare the exam, and Ivan said he would set up an entire program with a strict schedule so that I am ready by mid-October. Last, but not least, I nearly died when we ended our journey in an electronics store where he bought a computer and a phone with a plan.

At that point, I told him that he was fucking crazy, but far from getting worked up, he confessed that his generosity also served his own purposes. For instance, he expects me to be reachable at any time with the new phone and to keep him informed of my whereabouts if I decide to go out. The computer will have an internet connection, but its main goal is to help me in my studies and Ivan mentioned something about a firewall or parental control that will allow him to monitor my search results and activity.

I remembered Ivan telling Anton that he had a busy rest of the week, but it seems like I was going to keep him busy because we then had lunch in a Thai restaurant and instead of going to work right away, Ivan helped me to sort out all the purchases and to put everything in the closet and chest of drawers in my bedroom. Followed a few annoying minutes when he dragged me to the bathroom, asked me to hold my hands out and cut my nails with a clipper. As if I couldn't it myself!

That's how short I want to see your nails, he said once he was done. You'll find nail files in this drawer and I want you to use them every two days to keep them that short.