Chapter 28 - So Fucking Formal!

Eclipse Of The Moon ~ Book 1 of Aaron
Chapter 28
So Fucking Formal!

Tuesday 24 June 2003

"Good morning, Aaron, it's time! Wake up!"

Who the fuck is trying to wake me up with this shouting and loud knocking? Who is stupid enough to pull me out of a dreamless sleep when I feel so comfortable on this thick mattress, surrounded by the delicious flowery smell of a softener?

I don't think that any odd voice would have been able to snatch me out of my slumber, but this deep and authoritarian tone is a different story, and just thinking about the powerful body that goes with it makes me startle in bed.

"Aaron! Don't make me repeat it a third time!"

"Yes, yes, I'm coming..." I grumble with a sleepy voice, rubbing the tiredness off my face with my hands.

"Be downstairs in twenty minutes," Mr. Vargas – I mean, Ivan – orders from behind the door, and I childishly poke my tongue at him, glad he can't see it. He certainly wouldn't appreciate the gesture.

A quick peek at the alarm clock on the nightstand... 7:30 am! Fuck! It's early! Why did he have to wake me up so early? With a grunt, I get up from the bed and head out to the bathroom for my morning routine and a warm shower. I must admit that using a real bathroom is a luxury I haven't enjoyed in a while now and I could definitely get used to this again.

This brings me back to yesterday evening and Ivan's offer.

During our dinner in the huge living room, we had another long conversation – only about me, sadly – as he came back on certain aspects of my childhood and adolescence, my flee, and then the first six months I spent in Los Angeles. When I thought it would be my turn to ask questions, he argued that he needed to work on something urgent and he left me to watch television while he settled in his office.

He left the door open, though, which allowed me to discreetly ogle the man from the couch. He was so focused on whatever he had to do that he didn't even notice, thank goodness! I still haven't asked about his age, but I guess he must be in his early thirties and to be honest, he looks damn good for such an old guy! I might even qualify him as gorgeous with his dark silky hair, thick but neat eyebrows, kissable plump lips and a sexy trimmed beard. I swear I had to mentally facepalm quite a few times for gawking like I did.

Unfortunately, my next attempt for a conversation once he was done a couple of hours later wasn't any more successful since he called it a night and sent me to my room. For fuck's sake, it was barely half past ten! I did try to negotiate to stay up, especially as I was missing something, and when I asked for my backpack, it didn't end very well.

"It's way too early," I complained.

"It's not. Now go get some sleep."

"But I already slept all day!"

"Not my problem. And it'll be yours as well if you don't get up tomorrow morning when I wake you up."

"Don't worry, I'll get up without a problem. But if you're tired and want to go to bed, go ahead," I insisted, having a half-mind to make fun of his older age. "I'll stay here a bit longer to watch TV, I promise I won't run away."

"You're going to bed, Aaron," he replied firmly and humorlessly.

"Can I have my backpack at least?" I sighed, understanding there was no arguing with him.

"What for?" he asked dubiously, and I'm sure he already knew the answer.

"I'd like... I need... I would really like..."