Chapter 4 ×ETHAN×

The girl in front of me was fucking beautiful. She had the perfect body and her face was model worthy. She turned to me, smiling after the dude who paid for my getaway. Her smile was amazing too. Her straight white teeth showing through her plump lips. Her shirt didn't have a tank top underneath, so I could see her belly button piercing.

       My eyes drew up when she pointed at me. "You owe me, dude." And I did owe her. I smirked, turning on my playboy mode. "What do you want me to pay you with? Sexual favors?" She just stared at me with a straight face.

       "No, but I can give you a free nose job if you keep trying me," she quirked. Damn, she had a mouth on her. I guess I should be thankful to her. "No thanks," I said casually. "I've never seen you around here before," I stated. I knew I hadn't, because I would've remembered a chest like that. Not many girls have those around here.

         She sneered at me. "What's your name," she asked a little reluctantly. "Whatever you want it to be, babe." She looked pissed off now. "I didn't know you were such a douche bag, or else I would've left you with those dickheads." I laughed. "Sorry to disappoint, sugar. Names Ethan," I answered, stretching out my hand. She glared at it for a second and just as I was about to drop it, she put her hand in mine. 

       It was warm, her long, thing fingers wrapping around my own, and she had a grip, too. I thought of some other things she could grip and smiled to myself. Though I heard the guy call her Emmorie, I still asked her name. "Emmie," she said.  

       "I need to go now," she said, ending the conversation. "I have shopping to do. Wish I could say it was nice meeting you, asshole, but I've lied enough for one day." With that, she turned and walked away, and I had no shame in staring at her ass sway back and forth as she left.

       When I got home, there was a Uhaul moving into the house next door. Great. More people to get on my nerves. There was a guy out front, helping a woman carry in a couch. He looked to be my age, with darker blonde hair. He was well muscled and he had a tattoo snaking up one of his arms. When I pulled into the garage and when into the kitchen, Mom was wrapping something up, then headed for the door. 

       "Hey, Ma. Where are you going? She jumped a little when she heard my voice. "Oh, hey baby. I'm just taking this over to greet the neighbors. Now that you're home, you can come with me." She gave me one of those looks that told me I was doing it whether I wanted to or not." I sighed and followed her out. She knocked lightly, and I wondered if they even heard it. 

       Apparently they did. A young girl with dirty blonde hair answered the door. She looked to be about thirteen and she had a sas about her. But she smiled politely and called "Someones at the door." Then, she was there. Though she had changed into some denim short shorts, I could still see the belly button ring and I instantly recognized the black curls falling over her shoulders. 

       She looked at me with a look of disbelief and confusion. "Um. Hello," she said. I smirked and my mother started speaking. "Hi. We live next door and we wanted to welcome you into the neighborhood." She looked away from me and to my mom, giving her a big smile that made her looke even more beautiful. "How sweet of you," she said, her tone nice, which was strange coming from her.   

       Mom held the food out to her. "I made you and your family my special apple pie." She took the apple pie and kept up that killer smile. "Thank you so much. It smells wonderful. I'm Emmorie," she held out one hand and balanced the pie in the other. My mom took her hand and shook it. "I'm Caroline and this is my son, Ethan." She threw a smile at me that was much faker than the one she gave my mom.

        "It's nice to meet you. Um, hold on, I'll go get my mother." She turned and the girl came back to the door. She stared at me. "Hello. I'm Chloe, Emmie's sister. She had the same face as Emmorie, but her eyes were blue instead of hazel green. "Hello dear, nice to meet you," My mom said. I don't think New Yorkers really did this kind of thing, but my mom was born and raised in South Carolina, where she was brought up with manners.

       The woman who was helping to haul the couch approached the door. She looked nothing like Emmorie or Chloe. She was a light blonde with brown eyes and she was shorter, but she had as nice of a body as Emmorie, but I didn't let my eyes travel two far, one because my mom was beside me, and two because she looked to be about in her forties and I didn't really do a lot of older women. Especially ones old enough to be my mother.

        "Oh. What a nice surprise. Hello. I'm Jennifer," the lady greeted. Mom's eyes widened a little. "Jennifer Thorpe," she asked. Ah hell. My mom knew her. "Yes," Jennifer said, confused. Mom's eyes tightened. I'm sure Jennifer wouldn't notice, but I did. Mom did not like this woman. "It's me. Caroline Everett. Except I guess then I was Caroline Hunter." The woman's eyes widened a tad.

        "Everett? Does that mean you and John actually got married?" I stiffened at the sound of my dad's name. "Yes," Moms voice was tight. "How is ol' Johnny boy," Jennifer asked. Mom took a deep breath. "He's not with us anymore." The woman laughed. "Did he finally leave you for Karen?" I clenched my fist. I didn't care that she was female. I wanted to punch this bitch in the mouth. 

        "No," Mom said, her voice strained. I could see that she was fighting control. "He passed away a while back." This made the lady laugh harder. What the fuck? Who does that?

       "Mom," Emmorie said, coming up behind her, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Stop it." Her eyebrows were furrowed and she looked a little upset. "Ash," she called. Who? The dude with the tattoo came up. "Take her to her room, she's being an ass." Did she really just say that about her mother? I mean, it's true, but still. The guy nodded grabbed her by the shoulders. "Come on Jenny." 

        Emmorie turned to us apologetically. "I'm so sorry about that," she said and it actually sounded genuine. "She's always been like this. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for your loss as well." Mom gave her a small smile. "Thank you dear. It was a pleasure meeting you." Mom held her hand out and Emmorie shook it again. "The pleasures mine, Ms. Everett." Mom stepped back, smiling. "We'll be on our way, now." Emmorie nodded her perfect head and closed the door as we left.

       "That lady was a bitch," I grumbled. "Ethan," Mom warned me. "She's always been like that. Ever since college. She slept with your father when we were together and she held it over my head every day until graduation. Her daughter seemed sweet, though." I grinned. If only she had met her in the mall.