Chapter 20 ×ETHAN×

I woke up to my blaring alarm. I turned it off then slowly arise from the bed. I went to my bathroom and took a shower, washing away the sleep and drowsiness. I threw on some dark pants, a tee, my boots, then I walked downstairs. Mom had already left for work and I popped some bread in the toaster, then poured a glass of orange juice while I waited. 

       After I ate, I got in my car and left for school. When I arrived, I was a little early, so I decided to wait in the front. I remembered Emmorie and was wondering if she was already here, or on her way. I was going to walk her to her classes again today. I've never done this for anyone before, but I really liked hanging out with Emmorie.

       Once she loosened up, she was pretty cool. She knew how to give and take a joke, and she could brighten a cloudy day with her smile. She was so… innocent that she unconsciously drew me to her. She was amazing to be around and even though I felt the desire to sleep with her, at the same time, I didn't want to. I wanted to talk to her everyday, and ask her about her life and her personality. I just didn't want things to change between us and get all awkward like I was certain they would if we slept together. I just wanted to be her friend.

        Besides, even if I had chosen to sleep with her, she might not want to. She was still a virgin which meant that she was probably saving herself for the right guy or whatever. Either way, I waited for her just the same. 

       It wasn't long before her brothers car pulled up. Her and Chloe got out and when they saw me, they both smiled. They closed their doors and Emmorie walked over to me while Chloe waved and went to join her friends. Her brother didn't pull away for a minute when she came up to me. Then I could see that he was glaring at me through the window.

       I ignored it and focused my attention on Emmorie. "Good morning, Ethan," she greeted. "Good morning, Eminem. You seem happy today." She nodded but didn't give an explanation and I didn't ask. Finally, her brother pulled away.

       The bell rang and I was walking with Emmorie to her first class. We talked along the way and she was telling me about her old school. "It wasn't this big. We only had five periods, not seven. I also get a lot more attention here for some reason," she had finished saying.

       I smiled to myself. I knew why they paid attention to her. I have learned that Emmorie has self esteem issues, which was weird because you'd expect a beautiful girl like her not to have any doubts. She flaunted her beauty with innocence. There were no hidden motives behind the way she dressed or the makeup that she barely wore. That's just what she decided to wear today so she went with it while all the guys stared.

       We got to her class and the second bell hadn't rang yet so we stood outside the room, talking some more. It was so easy to talk to her about stuff and I was surprised that she didn't really judge on everything I said or put too much thought into it, like other girls tend to do when I talk to them.

       The second bell rang and she smiled at me before she turned into the classroom. I walked quickly to my class, not really caring if I was late, but not wanting to be too late. When I got to Mr. Hellers class, he wasn't even there yet, which was a good thing for me. He finally walked in and began the lesson.

        When the bell rang for us to be dismissed, I got up and quickly walked to Emmorie's classroom, where she was waiting on me. She saw me and smiled and I returned the gesture. I walked her to her next class and left when she walked in.