Chapter 18 ×ETHAN×

I walk into the gyms training room to see that Emmorie had Bellamy on the floor. When she let him up, he was frustrated. He kept throwing punches and kicks, but each one, she easily dodged. Then he had her in a headlock com behind. 

       I watched as she did the exact same move that she pulled on Asher in their backyard. She stomped on his instep, elbowed him in the ribs, then flipped him over her shoulders. You could tell that she was strong. Bellamy is huge, a good 120 pounds heavier than me and undoubtedly much heavier than Emmorie.

        When he was on the ground, I clapped and whistled. "Yay, Eminem!" She turned around and smiled at me. Then stepped out of the ring. "Hey," she said, walking closer. "What are you doing here?" 

       "Well I came to beat up on Bellamy, but it looks like you beat me to it," I said. She laughed with her melodic voice which made me smile wider. Bellamy stumbled over to us. And pointed an accusatory finger at Emmorie. "I thought you said you only knew the basics. 

        She looked at him with her wide smile. "I said I knew the basics. I didn't say that was all I knew. You just assumed." Bellamy returned her wide smile. "You did good," Bellamy praised. He looked at me then.

       "Sorry, E. I'm way too tired to do this now." I waved him off. "That's fine. It must be hard getting your ass kicked by an eighteen year old girl," I responded. Bellamy laughed and playfully hit me in the arm, though it hurt a little more than I'd be willing to admit. 

       "That is so sexist, Ethan," she complained. I just laughed and she rolled her eyes. "Well," she began. "I'm heading home. I need to see if Asher will take me to the mall, so I can find a new outfit for Saturday." I looked at her. "I can take you, if you want." She raised an eyebrow.

       "Why would you do that?" I shrugged, and as I couldn't really answer myself that question, I just said "I have nothing better to do today." She studied my expression more closely, scrutinizing me. It felt like she could see through me, but I wasn't sure what she would find on the other side. 

       Her suspicious face dropped and she slowly relaxed. "Okay. Just don't steal anything, because I am not saving your ass this time." I felt a faint smile pull up my lips. "Let's go," I said. 

       I took her home, since she wanted to take a shower and get ready, and I went upstairs to change into some normal clothes. When I was heading back downstairs, Mom was there, her eyes widening in surprise. "Hey, son. Back already? Where are you going," she questioned, taking in the fact that I had changed from the gym shorts and tank top. 

        I tried to come up with an excuse but I just decided to go with the truth, since she'd be able to tell if I was lying anyway. "I'm just taking Eminem to the mall. I'll be back later." 

       She looked confused as she asked "Who's Eminem?" Then understanding dawned on her face and her eyes lit up. "Emmorie? The nice girl next door?" I nodded and confirmed her thoughts. She smiled. 

       "I knew you had a thing for her ever since I caught you watching her from your window," she said. I suddenly felt hot and the way she said it, made me sound like some creepy stalker. "I don't have a thing for her Mom. I'm just taking her to the mall so she could get some things." 

       Mom gave me a smug look and crossed her arms. "You hate shopping with me, Ethan. Why would you want to go with Emmorie?" Mom was aggravating me now, but I knew I needed to control myself before I lost my temper. 

        "I'm just giving her a ride Mom, calm down. It's not that big of a deal." She smirked when I said this and I just turned around to head for the door. I got into the SUV and cranked it, then pulled in front of Emmories house to wait for her. A few minutes later, she walked out of the front door towards me.