Chapter 39 ×EMMIE×

"Are you going to give me the details later," Mom asked. I shook my head vigorously, which made her laugh loudly. "Okay, okay. Did you have fun?" I nodded. "He took me to Panera Bread, then we went to his old cabin and looked at the stars and after that, we went inside and… um… you know."

        She smiled again then her face grew serious. "Did you use protection, Em?" I nodded, and saw her face soften with relief. Then she walked towards me and gave me a kiss on the forehead. "Good. I'll be back before dinner. I got called in. Love you," she said, walking away. "Love you too," I called after her. I turned inside and met Asher near the doorway, grabbing the keys to his pickup. 

       He looked up at me and froze as he looked me over. His relaxed expression hardened and he locked his jaw. I had to give him credit, because he didn't say a word. He just walked out the door, silently, but slamming it behind him. 

        I turned, feeling my heart clench at the best friend that I had lost. I went up to my room and as I was opening the door, Chloe stepped out from the room beside mine. "Tell me all about it," she said immediately. I rolled my eyes and told her to let me get dressed first. I went into my room, throwing off the dress and tossing my heels into the closet. I grabbed new underwear and a tank top and yoga pants, then I worked on my hair, brushing it, then pulling all the frizz up into a ponytail. 

       I let Chloe inside and she plopped down onto the bed beside me. "Start at the beginning," she said excitedly. I smiled at her eagerness. 

        "Well, first he took me to Panera Bread. We talked and ate there. Then he told me that he had a surprise, so he took me away from all civilization and into the woods. There was a cabin there that his grandparents owned, but didn't use anymore. It had a huge porch so we lay outside on blankets and looked up at the stars around us. He pointed out some stars and constellations, telling me what they were, and then… we went inside. To the bedroom." She smiled, as she understood what this meant. 

       "Was it as good as Mom says it is," she asked curiously. I nodded. "Yes. It was amazing. But I'm going to spare you the details, since one, that is private information, and two, you are underage," I said, booping her nose. She laughed and she wrapped her arms around me.

        "I love you sissy," she whispered before giving me a peck on the cheek. "Love you too," I said. She got up with a smile and left. I thought of the previous night again, feeling tingly and excited as I ran through the memory in my mind.

       I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of last night. I wanted more. More of the pleasure, more of the joy, more of Ethan. I grabbed my phone and shot him a text.

Me: Hi

Ethan: Hello gorgeous.

Me: Wyd?

Ethan: Missing you. :*(

Me: Same. I'm bored.

Ethan: I can help you with that.

Me: If you are about to start sexting me, 

       Keep it in your pants.

Ethan: You won't want me to later;)

Me: …

Ethan: Exactly

       I laughed and read the next text that he sent me. Go to your window. I did as he said and lifted the blinds. There was a window directly across from me and he stood there, waving. I waved back and he pulled out an Expo marker. Then, he wrote on his window. Wanna watch a movie? I nodded and he waved me over. I grabbed my phone and headed downstairs. "I'll be back later," I yelled to Chloe. I heard her respond with okay, and I ran out the door.