Chapter 19 ×EMMIE×

I leaned into his hard chest. I hadn't expected him to comfort me, but when he pulled me to him, I was thankful for the support. He was much taller than I had initially thought. His frame towered over my five foot six inches. 

       He had a woodsy, minty scent, and it was clean and soothing, unlike the men's cologne and crap that was always much too strong and burned my nostrils. He was so warm and I wondered what his long, warm  fingers would feel like in my small cold hands… I trailed from that thought and pulled back.

       I felt the heat in my cheeks as I looked up into his piercing slate gray eyes, slicing through me. "Uh… sorry," I apologized. I didn't know why I did though, since he was the one who initiated the hug. "It's okay, Em. You looked like you needed it." I silently turned and headed back to the checkout to pay for my dress. We left the store and I headed for a shoe store that I had seen and walked in to look fir a new pair of combat boots. 

       After searching, I found a pair and tried them on to see if they fit. Once I was sure they did, I paid for them and Ethan said "Wanna grab some lunch? I'll pay." I thought for a moment. My stomach was whining for food and I knew I was hungry. I nodded and we walked to the food court together.

       On the way home, I got a mischievous smile spread across my face. "What about Eeteeweetee?" He looked over at me, his eyes wide. "No," he said immediately. I cocked a brow. "Why not," I asked. He shook his head. "Because that's embarrassing." I smiled at his answer. "Someone's called you that before, haven't they?" He didn't look at me when he nodded.

       "My grandmother used to call me that when I was a kid. It was awful." I laughed and said "I can imagine." He shook his head, smiling. "No, you can not. It was terrible." He was shaking his head, his lip ring in his mouth like I'd seen it multiple times today. "I can call you Mr. E. Like on that Scooby Doo show that I used to watch." We smiled at each other.  I was just kidding. I would most likely just call him Ethan. 

        We got home about forty five minutes later, and it was already nine thirty. "See you at school tomorrow," I said, grabbing my bags. I opened the door. "Goodnight, Eminem," he said softly. "Goodnight Ethan," I whispered, though I didn't know why. I closed his door and walked back to my house. The lights were off in the house,bit the porch light wad on, lighting up my path. 

       I stepped over the threshold to meet Asher, standing ther with hims arms crossed. "Where the hell have you been, Emmorie? I was worried, because you didn't even tell me you were going out." I was shocked. Asher has never, never, called me Emmorie. Why the hell was he acting like my parent? "I was with Ethan," I said quietly.  

        "Who's Ethan?" I rolled my eyes. I literally told him who Ethan was just hours ago. "He's the guy next door. I already told you this, Ash." He had a hard look on his face. "What were you doing with him?" My eyes were practically bugging out of my head. What was my older brother implying? He knew I was still a virgin and if I wasn't, he'd be the first to know. I rolled my eyes again at his ignorance. 

        "We were having hot sex in his SUV, Ash," I said sarcastically. "Jesus, Ash, just calm down, okay. He took me to the mall. I bought a dress and new shoes. Happy now?" His expression didn't change. He was irritating me. "I'm going to bed now. I have to get ready. Goodnight," I said, pushing past him to the stairs. He didn't say a word.

        What was he so worried about all of a sudden? He's never acted like this before, so why now? I pondered my questions and stripped, then I went to bed only in my underwear, waiting for my mind to calm down and for dreams to consume me.