Chapter 26

Gin's POV

My mind still into the images of Ashton and that woman kissing. That hurts even more now that I'm miles away from him. What's the real score between the two? Was it his ex, Trixie? Or some bimbos again? That thought marks my sleepless night. 

I woke up earlier than expected. It's 5 am and sleep isn't generous to me. I yawn while my hands are busy messing up with my hair. I just sit down for a while, crossing my legs like buddha while staring myself at the mirror in front of my bed. I've missed this. No contracts, no boss. No one's ordering you around. Just a plain and simple me or rather just me and my hangover like I usually had. I feel like getting AWOL in an instant will suffice my need for being pampered here. I got up from my bed to brush my teeth and wash my face then decided to go to the dining table with my pajamas on - still. I toasted a slice of bread while preparing a hot choco and grab my cigarette pack that was left in the living room last night. Done.

I was in the middle of getting rid of my hangover when Liz rushed beside me holding her phone and dig it to my face. "My girl's back guys!"  Okay? I murmured saying it to Liz... And with a second glance... 

"Wait.. That's me?" The photo that has been posted over social media is me getting wild while doing strip dance with some random guys. And who posted the photo? Well, some guy who happens to be my follower on Instagram. Aw, shit!  I just leaned my back on the bench and heaved a deep sigh out of frustrations. Nanay gushed over to eavesdrop. 

"Our dada is on social media again?" Nanay said while reassuringly tap my shoulder, her ways saying "its okay". She's my biggest fan even in my wildest and craziest moments...

"Oh well, nanay... What can you get? You happened to raise a beautiful daughter.." i said jokingly.

"Daughters dada.. Don't claim it yourself as if we're not born yet.. Duh.." Liz rolled her eyes.. I just shrugged it off while sipping a cigarette.

"Do you want me to report it, hija?  You know, it's not good to see you like that too.."

"Nah... Don't mind them nay.. Hindi naman ako artista, so why bother?"

"Okay, then. But im still hoping you get to fix yourself, hija. As you can see, your tatay will retire soon and we will really need you by that time. Our business is growing too fast now just like yours too, " Liz suddenly walk away from us and frantically waved his phone saying" Im out! "

Aside from dining, our family also owned several farms here in cebu. 

" Yeah.. I will nay.."

" And syempre, we are longing to have a little angels naman playing with us.. Because you know, " sadya nya pang binitin noh? Nahiya naman ako sa nanay ko...

"Nay, im just 25.. Its too early for that. And besides sayang ang ganda ko kung magpapabuntis agad,"

"Hoy, babae.. Masasayang ang pagiging maganda kung hindi ka magiging ina pati matris nasasayang din. Can't you see that being a mother is the most precious feeling?" and here we are again.. Arguing with some petty things.. Tsk.. Mother's will always be mothers.. Kinda annoying sometimes. I waved my hand while dismissing Nanay's sermon sa pagiging babae.

I need to visit my pubs, I've been away for like 6 months and I didn't get a chance to have it checked for renovation. I didn't check my phone from last night until I woke up and haven't tried to lift it before I go to shower. I was in the bathroom when my phone's ringing nonstop now. "What now?" I don't mind it and instead, I took the chamomile scent foaming bath and sprinkle it in the water and little petals. It's been a while since I've done this. I soaked myself inside the bathtub and relax my head over the tub headrest. I think about the six months I've been away from my comfortable life. I think about how Ashton changed my stand against pre-marital sex. What if I gave up everything to Ricky, should I even get to know Ashton? I think not. I know I'll be stuck to where I am until now. 

I was sound asleep when Mitch's been calling my name and sprinkled water on my face.  That thing completely made me awake from my deep sleep. Shit!  I've been sleeping again.

"The hell, Mitch??" I grab a towel naked in front of my sister. 

"Eww.. you're so grossed Dada" she said wryly. I just shrugged it off and got out of the bathroom. 

"What now?" i asked while brushing my hair with my fingers.. I need to do the haircut again.. 

"Can I use your car? I need to go somewhere today, please?" she asked with her two hands clasped in front of my face. She said she's going to meet with some friends in Badian island for their photography sessions. Since I don't hold any prohibitions with her being surrounded by different species, I gave her the car key. I get back to the bathroom to have a quick shower. I grab my phone while blowing my hair when I saw messages and missed calls from Ashton. It's his messages and missed calls since last night.. I was about to throw it back from my bed when I realized.. aw., 50 missed calls?? Before I can dial Ashton's number, the unknown number appeared calling from my phone. Out of curiosity, I held it and put in speaker mode. 

"Hey, Z. " 

"Hey," who the hell is this..? I tried remembering the voice though.

"Where do plan to go today.. I'll drive you," oh shoot! It's Enrique.

"I'm going to Zeus Bar and Lounge. Nah, I'm fine. I'll just ride my bike. I'll have to test drive it too," 

"Oh. Can I go with you then?" he insisted

"Don't you have your own business to attend to? I mean, there's no need to tag along," I said hinting my unfriendliness tone

"Ouch. You're hurting my feelings, Z. I just want to accompany you. I'll just drop you off in Zeus and I'll be gone in a meeting. Please?" he pleadingly asked. Yeah, remind me of Ralph.. No wonder they're getting along so fine. 

"Fine", i just rolled my eyes 

"Yes! I'm outside. I'll get you there.." and he hung up... What?? damn that guy.. Same habit didn't change, eh? I thought I can say no but the fact that he's already outside the gate. Do you still think I can escape? Huh! 

I'll just call Ashton later tonight. I'm on leave so no fuss. But wondering what that is he wants. Did he miss me too just like how terribly miss him?  I poked myself from the thought. I texted him instead, From me to Ashton: Will call tonight. Sorry Sir, just getting a little bit busy here.
 And turned my phone off. 

Enrique meet me at the stairs with his wide smile. Idiot! i smirked. I can't believe that he's always welcome here after our break up. My family's still on him, I can sense that.