Chapter 27

Gin's POV continuation....

Enrique dropped me off on the other side of the lane just in front of Zeus and I moved along with the crowd when the stoplight went red. "Please just don't forget tonight, Z. I'll be expecting you" his words when he geared out his Mercedes Benz. "Of course, I will," I just said out of the blue. Whatever.

I checked every corner of the pub and its railings up to the second floor. The paint's starting to fade. Zeus is my fav among the three. This is my first love, my very new beginning as the sole owner of the club. And my first to everything, this is where I met Ashton. I need to have it renovated.. I suddenly felt the urge to design it, like the memoir. Wondering why he's doing right now. The one that popular to millennials are the two pubs I owned, situated just a half-mile from south to north.   

I called the Accountant to bring me the files of revenues and expenses and every document that includes monetary transactions. I looked at it thoroughly as I need to enhance the club just like in BGC ambiance. No, I'll prefer it more western. In doing that, I need a large sum of money. I computed the income generated club I owned, which is the Hera Lounge in the south. I was pretty amazed though how the revenues went so high from the day I get to construct it. Maybe because it's more crowded there.

I contacted Shane to meet up in Zeus. 

"Shane, can you come over here in Zeus?"

"Yo, Z. Why? Planning to have another building?'' he chuckles on the other line

"Yeah.. right. How did you know?" I put my pen down and concentrate to Shane talking.

"We aren't cousins if I can't read that unpredicted mind of yours.. Hahahha", i let out a soft moan

"Yeah, right. I forgot you're the mind reader psycho," 

Shane just laugh his ass loud. Tsk. I really had weird cousins. So we settle on him meeting me up to where I am right now. Shane has his own construction company it's not yet competitive to any large companies right now, but he's getting there though.

I was too busy the whole day that I almost forgot the time. I was in Zeus working my ass out planning the construction of a new club and the renovation of the three, Zeus Pub, Hera Lounge and  Ice Lounge and Bar. 

Enrique's been calling like an idiot too. I checked my wristwatch and oh boy it's already 8 o'clock in the evening! I answered it..

"Z, when are you coming? Ralph and Shane already here not to mention Pat too," i heard a loud noise from the phone

"Okay. Will be there in an hour. Can you ask Raplh to fetch me here in Zeus? I'll pack up in 20 minutes,"

"I'll get you there." and he hung again. He's a rude one, you really can't say no. I heaved a deep sigh. I've been ignoring Ashton's messages and calls. I missed so much that I'll fly back hearing his voice. And I'm not done here yet. I'll be back tomorrow evening in Manila so I need to finish everything smoothly before I handed out the plan to Nanay and Kesha. And for the first time today, I answered Ashton's call. 

"Shit woman! What have you been doing?? You know I was calling you like an idiot. Sent you messages like a mad man. And you didn't even bother lifting up your phone for me? You're making me crazy. Fuck!" i can hear his frustrations. 

"Look, Im so sorry, Sir. I was just too busy here. I really am planning to call you after tonight though." I explained calmly. Is he my boyfriend to nag just like that? 

"And stop that Sir thing. What do you take me for huh? You've been like that since Friday. I need you here first thing in the morning tomorrow. We need to talk." 

"What? You just can't order me around, Mr. Lorenzo. My flight's in the evening. And it's beyond working hours for you to act so bossily. " 

 "That's it! i'll get you there now." and he hung up too.. What the hell? Men's had their ways of being bipolar. Tsk. As if he can come here this late... I need to pretend as if nothing happened. I don't know why i acted like this lately too. 

Enrique's outside now horning his Benz so loud. Is he drunk?  

"Hi, Z." he then kissed me in the cheeks. Yeah, he reeked in alcohol. I just let it pass.. 

We arrived at 101 Lounge, without minding other peoples business. This club belongs to one of Enriques friend and it's always crowded at Fridays to Sundays. Their theme is the bubbles party and there's smoking machine everywhere.  Some guy's hitting on me while I passed by. Guess it's a wild party tonight eh? "Hey, Izygn's here! You think we can get a picture with her?" "Dude, there's your girl," "She's just too pretty and flawless," and so on and so forth. I don't want any attention so I grab Enrique's hand that's behind me and walked fast as I could reach the table to where my cousins are. They cheered upon us while we are approaching them and I tactically pull myself away from Enrique. He seemed to enjoy it too. 

"Come on guys. Don't get the wrong idea." i grab the cup of beer from Shane's hand and drink it bottomless. Pat hugged me from behind while dancing so seductively. She's drunk again. I shouldn't be here in the first place. This is so wrong. I feel like I'm cheating on someone right now. I poked myself and let the alcohol control me for awhile. I took like 3 cups of beer already in just 30 minutes of being here. Enrique holds my hand and pulls me away from my cousins. I'm still holding a cup full of beer.

We ended in the yard beside the club. Glad it's not too loud here. Enrique's caressing my face while gazing at me intently. He didn't let go of my hands when he's trying to remove the bubbles in my hair. Right at that moment, I was speechless. My mind's been processing all the sharp words I could throw at him but I'm just totally a geek that's been hypnotized by the species. Enrique pulled me closer and in an instant kissed me gently and smoothly. I tried to kiss back but I don't feel a spark with the kiss. I thought I can try but I pushed him after that long kiss. He held his breathe like he was grasping it. Then suddenly my phone vibrated in my pocket.. I don't know why I held it for the first time to see who's texting me and read it.

From Ashton: Really huh? So you being busy is like kissing a guy? It's really your habit. Hand in your resignation on Monday. I don't want to meddle with you anymore."

Wait.. What?? Ashton's here?! Oh my god! Shit.. This can't be! Oh Lord, what have I done? I run away from the crowd and confusing eyes of Enrique. Goddamnit! Too much of exploring Izygn! I was calling Ashton's number non stop. It was ringing awhile ago and then cannot be reached after a series of dialing Ashton's mobile. I'm so stupid! I was running in the dark hoping to catch where he was but I can't see a trace of him. Oh my god! I totally forget how powerful he is and how rich he is. He can travel around without any hurdles. He owns a jet, woman! Yeah, remind me that asshole!

I hail a cab and go straight away to the villa. I need to book a plane first thing in the morning. Shit! I rushed to my room without noticing a pair of eyes following me until I reached the second floor. Nanay knocked two times before she held the doorknob to check how I am. From there, I burst out to tears and puzzled enough to feel the embrace of Nanay. Even if I don't say anything, I know Mother's can know what their children be like when in pain.

"I need to go back to Manila in the morning, Nay." I sniffed while not leaving Nanay's shoulder and she just nods. I'm so fucked up right now!