Chapter 1

Betty used to live in Riverdale. She was best friends with Jughead, Archie and her cousin Cheryl. Everything changed when her mother and father divorced. Betty was in fourth grade and her mother decided to pack them up along with her sister Polly and move to New York for a fresh start.

Betty was heartbroken but so were her friends, especially Jughead. He had always loved Betty and on the day she left, he kissed her when no one was looking. It was the first kiss for both of them.

"Promise you wont forget me, Juggie?" she pleaded.

"How could I forget you, Betts?" he asked and she smiled. He truly meant it at the time.

All of them texted, emailed and messaged each other constantly in the weeks and months that followed but eventually, it dwindled off. Betty made new friends in New York. Archie became a jock, Cheryl became HBIC and Jughead became a member of the Serpent gang. His father was the leader after all. Archie became a self centered player. Jughead became dark and ruthless. Gone were the two sweet boys that Cheryl and Betty knew. Cheryl transformed in a cold hearted, cruel girl, at least that's what she let everyone think. By the time the end of sophomore year rolled around, none of them spoke very often. Cheryl, Jughead and Archie would all say hi in the halls and they were still friendly with each other but they hadn't hung out together in years.

Cheryl was the only one who still communicated with Betty. They still talked often. For Cheryl, Betty was the one of the few people that she could still let her guard down with. Betty adored her cousin and they would do anything for each other. They still visit each other regularly and Cheryl was a bridesmaid along with Polly and Veronica when Alice (Bettys mother) married Hermione (Veronicas mother) last year.

Cheryl had hit it off with Bettys new stepsister, Veronica as well. Veronica and Betty became best friends while their mothers were dating and were overjoyed to live together as sisters. Polly was happy as well but had moved to California for college by that point.

POV Cheryl

I smiled when I looked at my phone to see that Betty was calling

Cheryl: Dear cousin, how are you?

Betty: I'm great. I have news.

Cheryl: Ohh. Tea! Spill!

Betty: Guess who's moving back to Riverdale?

Cheryl: Really? Please tell me that you aren't playing a cruel joke on me.

Betty: Yep. Mom and Hermione told us today. I'm excited but Veronica is nervous.

Cheryl: YAY! Tell Veronica not to worry. I'll make sure that everyone is nice to her.

Betty: That's what I told her! I also told her that Archie and Jug would love her. I can't wait to see everyone. Of course, I'm still pissed that they ghosted me.

Cheryl: Remember what I told you, the boys aren't the same as when you left

Betty: I remember. I'm sure that its just an act, just like you.

Cheryl: Maybe but I doubt it. When will you be here?

Betty: Next week. Thursday. Right before school starts.

Cheryl: I'm so happy. Junior year with my girls! I'll see you soon!

Betty: Bye, C. Love you

Cheryl: Love you too.

I grinned as I hung up. I was so relieved to have my cousin coming back. She was my best friend and I loved her dearly. I just hoped that she was happy here. Riverdale was quite a change from New York and it wasn't the same town that she left.