Chapter 6

POV Betty

"We thought that we should welcome our sister back home!" FP boomed.

"Crap" I said and Jug smiled at me. I looked over and Veronica and Hermione. They both looked as worried as I felt.

"FP" Mom sighed.

"In the flesh" he grinned.

"Sorry to stop by unannounced but when Jughead here told me you were back we just wanted to welcome you and let you know that you and your family are always invited to come get a drink at the Worm. We still see you as a member" FP went on to say as he handed my mom a plant. Mom looked confused but then smiled.

"Thank you, FP. I would invite you in but the house is a mess" she replied and he nodded.

"We understand. Moving is a pain. Jughead and I just wanted to say hi and introduce or reintroduce you and your family to some of the guys. In case you run into any problems or need anything" FP explained.

"This is Sweet Pea, Fangs, and my son Jughead. Alice you should remember Hog Eye and Tall Boy" FP gestured to each of the men and we nodded.

"Now, who are all these beautiful ladies with you, Alice?" FP asked. Mom sighed.

"This is my wife Hermione and my stepdaughter Veronica. Next to her is my daughter, Betty" Mom forced out. I smiled tightly when I was introduced. FP smiled at us and winked at me.

"It's wonderful to meet all of you. Please, do come by and visit and if you have any problems, let me know, ok?" FP said and we nodded.

"Thanks, FP" Mom replied and the men turned to leave. Jughead caught my eye and smiled but I just ignored him. Mom shut the door.

"That was odd" Hermione said as we walked back to the kitchen.

"It was. FP and I go a long way back. I know that I hurt him when I left the Serpents and married Hal but we became friends later." Mom explained.

"I think that he still carries a torch for you" Hermione teased and mom blushed. I looked at my Mom curiously. If I didn't know better, I might think that she still had feelings for FP too. I hoped not. She had such a good thing here with Hermione.

We enjoyed the rest of our night together. We watched some tv for a while and then went to bed.

Then next morning I got up early and showered. I got dressed and did my hair and makeup. I was just finishing up when there was a knock on my door. I opened it to see V standing there, ready for school.

"Hey, B. You ready?" she asked and I nodded. I grabbed my stuff and we walked down to the kitchen together. Hermione and Mom were already there.

"Here, girls! Have some breakfast before you go" mom ordered. We sat and ate quickly.

"I'm going to be at work most of the day. I'll probably be home late" Mom informed us.

"Me too. I have a bunch of errands to run so I'll bring home take out for dinner" Hermione offered.

"Thanks. That sounds good" V said and I nodded.

"We'll see you tonight" I added as we got up and gathered our bags. V and I hugged both of them and headed out the door.

"Have a good day, girls!" Hermione called.

"Love you both. Be safe!" Mom yelled as we walked out the door.

"We will! Love you too!" We called back.

"School isn't too far" I explained and V nodded as we began walking down the street. We barely made it to the end of our block when a car pulled up behind us. V and I spun around and were relieved to see Cheryl roll down her window.

"Hey girls! Sorry if I startled you. I just wanted to give you a ride" she smiled and I sighed.

"That would be great, Cheryl. Thanks!" V replied. We slide into the car and relaxed.

"You two look lovely" C commented.

"So do you, C" I smiled and she smiled back at me.

"You'll never believe who showed up at our house last night" V began. We told her about our Serpent visitors during the fast trip. She shook her head in disbelief.

"No way!" she exclaimed. V and I nodded.

"That is strange. I mean, FP is usually an ok guy. Hopefully he was just being nice" C added and I hoped that she was right.

"Come on, let's get your schedules and lockers and I'll show you around" Cheryl offered. I felt everyone's eyes on us as we walked in and I was grateful that we were early and the hallways weren't packed. C lead us to the office where we got our paperwork and then showed us our lockers. Luckily, V and I had lockers next to each other.

"It looks like we have the same classes for most of the day" V said and I nodded. We only had two periods apart. I checked with C and was relieved to find that she had those two with me.

"Good, you won't be alone in any class" V stated. Just then, Kevin walked up.

"Hello ladies, how are you doing?" he asked and we all greeted him. He looked at our schedules and I was glad to find that he had many classes with us too.

"Let's go hang in the lounge until first period" he suggested.

"Sounds good, V and B have to tell you about their night" C added. We walked to a cozy room with some couches and vending machines and sat in a quiet corner. V told Kevin about last night and by the end he was surprised.

"Do you think that FP is trying to get your mom back?!" Kevin exclaimed. I shushed him having seen Jughead and his gang walk into the lounge a second before.

"Shh. Jughead and his friends just walked in. I don't think so. It seemed like he just kinda missed her. They were really close friends when we were kids." I whispered and the rest of my friends looked up and glanced at Jughead. He looked over after a second and smirked. Then he stood up and meandered over to us.

"Hey, Betts. Excited about your first day? I know that I am" he grinned. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, fuck off, Jughead" I replied and heard students around me gasp. Jughead chuckled though.

"Come on, baby. You know that you missed me. Hell, I bet you even love me still" he bragged and I stood up. I looked him up and down.

"Nope. Honestly? I forgot all about you." I replied and walked out with my friends following me. I missed the look of heartbreak and then rage that flashed over his face as I left.