Chapter 5

POV Betty

I shook my head and walked out of the theater. Of course I had noticed Jughead lurking toward the back of the lobby after we walked in to get our tickets. I was expecting this. He was so sadly predictable. I sighed as I looked for my friends. I realized that the movie they were in wasn't out yet so I sat in the lounge and waited. Of course, Jug followed me and sat next to me.

"So you figured that out, huh? Why did you let me sit with you anyway?" He asked and I chuckled.

"I wanted to see if there was anything of the boy I used to know still in there" I explained and he frowned.

"So? What's the verdict?" he asked after a pause.

"I'm not sure but I'm beginning to lose hope" I replied softly. I wasn't prepared to see the sad look pass over his face. It disappeared quickly and he shook his head.

"Hmm" He replied and I smirked.

"Oh... I hit a nerve" I teased with my eyebrows up. He rolled his eyes. He looked like he was about to snap at me but stopped himself.

After a breath, he replied, "I really am sorry for last night... and for following you today. I've missed you Betts". I nodded but didn't believe a word he said.

"Ok, how about this? I forgive you and we let all this go? We're going to be at the same school this year and I hate drama. I'll leave you alone and you leave me alone" I tried. I knew that it probably wasn't going to happen but hey, a girl can dream. I saw by the look on Jughead's face that he had other plans as soon as I finished talking.

He nodded but I saw the evil look in his eyes. Thankfully, Cheryl, Veronica and Kevin came up to us right then.

"Hey, Betts! Who's your frien... oh!" Kevin exclaimed as Jughead turned to them.

"What are you doing here?" Cheryl spat and Veronica glared at him.

"Betty and I just happened to run into each other before the movie. Isn't that funny?" he asked without a smile.

"So funny." Veronica deadpanned.

"Let's go" I said and grabbed C and V's arms and pulled them towards the door with Kevin following after.

"I'll see you later, Betts!" Jug called out, making it sound more like a threat than anything. I shook my head and kept walking as I flicked him off.

"What was that?" V asked.

"He followed us and sat next to me during the movie" I explained the rest of our interaction in the car.

"That guy is seriously creepy" Kevin replied and V shook her head.

"I don't trust him, Betts. He's so dark now. The Serpents have made him evil" C said and I nodded.

"Yeah, I see it now. It's too bad. He was such a good guy before. I wonder why he's like this now?" I lamented. V hugged me and I sighed.

"I'm just going to have to stay away from him from now on" I promised as we pulled up to the restaurant for dinner.

"We'll help you" Kevin added and C and V agreed.

POV Jughead

I stared after Betty as she walked away. This girl was tough but I knew that I would win in the end. I would have her and then destroy her. I had to. I couldn't watch her with anyone else. It made my blood boil to see her last night with that other guy. Later, when Sweet Pea commented on how hot she was, I almost beat the crap out of him. Toni and Fangs had to hold me back. Sweets was still pissed at me.