Chapter 4

POV Veronica

I hurried after Betty and found her outside, making out with bartender. I smirked when Jughead came crashing out a minute later. He stared at the couple, dumbfounded.

"What? You didn't believe me?" I asked him and he glared. I was surprised to see his fists clench and the rage in his eyes.

"Why are you mad? She isn't your girl" I asked but he only answered with more glaring.

"I don't know what you did to make her like this but you will pay" he promised. I looked at him in confusion.

"You think I changed Betty? Um... no, that was you. She was broken when you ghosted her and she vowed to never let anyone treat her that badly again. She hasn't either. She is even better than I am about avoiding relationships" I explained as his face grew darker and darker.

"You are lying" Jug burst out but I just shrugged.

"Believe what you want but listen to me. I love that girl. She is the nicest, kindest person in the world. She's both my best friend and my sister. If you mess with her and hurt her again, I will come for you. Understand?" I threatened. He laughed then.

"Ok, New York Princess. You're so scary" he replied sarcastically. I grinned at him.

"You have no idea" I said as I turned towards Betty who was still making out her bartender. I walked to them and tapped her on the shoulder.

"Hey, V. You ok?" she asked with a grin.

"I'm good but you might want to come back in, you have an admirer" I said as I nodded to Jughead who was still glaring at her. Betty's eyes widened when she saw him. She got up and the bartender and I followed her as she walked towards Jughead.

POV Betty

"Enjoy the show?" I asked as I neared him. I saw another flash of rage cross his face before he controlled it and smirked.

"Not really, I did appreciate the preview of what we're going to do later, though. FYI, though" he said as he grabbed the bartenders arm.

"I don't share" he said as he got in his face. I was pissed and stepped between them.

"I'm not yours. I'm a person, not a plaything" I snapped in Jughead's face as I pushed him off my make out buddy. Jug chuckled darkly.

"Yeah. Yeah. We'll see" he said as he walked away. I rolled my eyes and followed V back to the party. I noticed that Sweet Pea, Fangs, and Toni left after we walked back in. I shook it off and continued to enjoy the rest of the night. V and I were careful to not make out with any of the guys from school. We didn't want to start the year with drama, at least not more drama than I already had. Finally, the last guest left and we headed to bed.

V and I woke up the next morning and laughed at the obvious hang overs that C and Kevin had. Thankfully, V and I had drank enough water and eaten enough that we just had a mild headache that was easily cured with a couple of painkillers.

"Can we go to Pop's" Kevin whined and the rest of us agreed. We quickly showered and dressed. C insisted that we take her car. In the car, V called our Mom's to let them know that we were going to spend the day with C and Kevin. They didn't seem to mind since they were so busy.

Pop's was busy since it was a Saturday morning, especially since it was the Saturday before the first day of school. We pulled up and it felt like everyone turned to watch us walk in. I looked at V and she shrugged. I rolled my eyes back.

"The joy's of moving to a small town" I whispered to her. She smirked. Lots of people called out greetings to us and we waved back. Kevin led us to a smaller booth in the back. We slid in and a waitress came over to us a few moments later. After we ordered, we discussed what we wanted to spend the day doing.