Chapter 10

POV Jughead

I was nervously waiting in the hall for Betty with Fangs, Toni and Sweet Pea.

"What happened to you guys? You all disappeared. Betty and Veronica both made the squad." Kevin asked as he walked toward us. The others looked at me and I shook my head slightly.

"Just some pack business" Fangs covered but Kevin looked suspicious.

"Is it ok if we all go to Pop's with you and the girls to celebrate?" Fangs asked to change the subject.

"I'll have to check with my ladies but it's ok with me... as long as you all behave" he added looking at me. I nodded and he seemed to relax then.

I checked my hands to make sure that I had gotten all the blood off them and then I did the a quick scan of the rest of me and my crew. I didn't want Betty to see anything that would bother her. I rolled my eyes. I sounded whipped already.

When I saw Betty's scared face and heard what Chuck did and was going to do, I almost broke. In that moment, I realized that Betty meant way more to me than any other girl had. I was frantic when I thought about what could have happened to her. I was never going to let anything harm her again.

"Do you think that she was hurt?" I whispered to Fangs as Kevin and Toni chatted.

"She didn't seem to be. I can't believe that he would do something like that to her." he shook his head. I still saw some fury in his eyes. I saw it in Toni and Sweet Pea too. We maybe low life gang members but there were still some lines that we wouldn't cross. Bother or hit on girls in public? Sure, but we would never try to prey on a girl in the shadows. We would never attack them. Chuck was pure evil and I was happy to take care of him.

Finally, we heard their voices as they approached the door. I looked up to catch Betty's eye as she walked out. She looked worried? I furrowed my brow and was at her side in an instant.

"Fangs, Sweet Pea and Jughead want to join us at Pop's. Is that ok with you ladies?" Kevin asked. V and C looked at Betty who nodded and gave a weak smile.

"Can I talk to you?" I whispered and she looked even more upset. She didn't answer because C clapped her hands then.

"OK! We'll meet you all there. Kevin do you want to ride with us in my car?" she asked and he nodded. We headed out the door but I grabbed Betty's hand.

"Are you ok, baby? He didn't hurt you did he?" I whispered to her as we walked over out to the parking lot. She looked at me with confusion.

"What?" she asked.

"Are you hurt?" I asked slightly louder but still too quiet for the other's to hear. I saw her rub her arm and I was enraged.

"He did, didn't he?" I fumed.

"He grabbed my arm. It probably won't even bruise" she whispered and I sighed.

"Will you ride with me? Please?" I asked, pleadingly. She looked confused again but nodded.

"Jughead and I need to talk about something. We'll meet you all there" She announced. C and V looked at her sharply and Kevin looked dumbfounded.

"You sure, B?" Veronica asked and Betty nodded.

"Yeah. We'll be there in a few" she said, confidently.

"I don't know if that's a good idea" Kevin began but V and C pulled him into the car. I nodded to the others and they got the hint.

"We'll see you later" Toni called as they hopped on their bikes and tore out after C's car.

"Let me see it." I commanded but Betty turned away.

"No, it's no big deal" she defended.

"Are you fucking serious? Chuck is a monster. What do you think he would have done to you?"  I demanded and she sighed.

"Please, Betts? I just want to check it" I tried after a moment of silence.

"FINE!" she spat as she held out her arm. I gently pulled up her sleeve to reveal a large red mark on her forearm that was going to turn into a bruise.

"Oh, baby." I sighed when I saw it.

"Let's get you some ice" I began but she stopped me.

"What is going on with you?" she practically yelled. I looked at her and shrugged.

"Seriously, Juggie. You're so damn confusing. One minute you act like you hate me the next you are defending me and acting like you love me. You make no sense" she ranted. She glared at me and I chuckled.

"I love it when you call me Juggie. It's hot" I said and she continued to glare at me in silence.

"I didn't know what I wanted before. I do now" I said casually.

"Really? And what is that?" She fumed.

"You, baby." I smirked.

POV Betty

"Oh hell no" I shook my head.

"Sorry, Jug that's never going to happen." I folded my arms in front of chest, preparing for the fight that we're about to have. But it never came. He just chuckled again.

"Whatever you say, baby. We both know that it's just a matter of time. Shall we go? We don't want your friends to worry about you. Plus we can get some ice at Pop's for your arm" He smiled and handed me his helmet.

"Wait!" I called and he turned with raised eyebrows.

"Before we go,.. what did you do to Chuck?" I asked. Suddenly, he was back next to me.

"Nothing that you need to worry about. I meant what I said before. I took care of it and he'll never bother you again. Now let's go." he whispered in my ear. I shivered and he smirked. I shook my head and followed him to his bike.

"This conversation isn't over, Jug" I swore.

"Whatever you say, baby" he repeated