Chapter 27

Trigger warning Abuse, violence

POV Betty

As I quietly walked towards the dining room, I could hear my father ranting.

"She's late. She knows that I hate it when she's late. I'll have to take care of her" he muttered.

"Leave her alone" Hermione yelled.

"Shut the hell up. You aren't her parent. You are a leech who took my wife and family when I wasn't looking. I should kill you right now" he screamed as I walked through the door.

"Hello, father" I quietly said with my eyes downcast. I was trying to control my shaking. As much as I hate to admit it, this man terrified me but I couldn't leave my family to die at his hands. He whipped around to see me.

"Finally, you show up. You're late" he snarled as he backhanded me before I could see it coming. Instantly, I was on the floor, holding my face. I was transported right back to a little girl, innocent and hurt by the one man that was supposed to keep me safe. I took a deep breath as I heard Hermione and my Mom scream at him.

"I'm not that weak little girl anymore" I said more to myself than anyone else as I picked myself up.

He smirked, "You will always be weak. You will always be pathetic" he began but I tuned him out. I was sure to step away from him whenever he wasn't looking. This was always the worst part of his abuse. When I was a child, the names he called me hurt deeper than the bruises he left on my skin. Now, though, was a different story. I had lost all love or respect for this man in the years that I was able to live my life freely. He was pathetic and now I knew it. I let him drone on for a while until I caught movement out of the corner of my eye. I didn't dare turn to investigate but I was sure that there were at least some Serpents in my house. It was time to do what I came here to do. I checked an saw that I had made it halfway across the room. It was a decent enough lead. At least I hoped that it was.

"Shut the fuck up, asshole!" I screamed and he looked at me in shock for a moment.

"What the hell did you just say to me?" he yelled back and I did the hardest thing of all. I looked my demon in the eye. The face that haunted my nightmares stared back but I didn't flinch. I just looked into those cold, soulless eyes and replied.

"You are trash. Only a piece of shit would hit their wife. Only scum would harm children. You are the weak one. So afraid and of what? Two innocent little girls and woman that loved you. I used to be afraid of you. Then I hated you but now, now I pity you. You are the saddest, most pathetic crap bag that has ever lived" I yelled back.

"I'm going to kill you. I'll destroy you" He snarled as he ran toward me.

Get the fuck back here!" he screamed when I turned and ran up the stairs. I barely made it to my room and shut and locked the door before he began to pound on it.

"Open this door or it will be so much worse" he screamed as I frantically looked for it. This was part of my plan that no one knew. I had let them believe that they were going to save me. That the police would arrest him but I knew all along that it was going to have to be this way. There would be no peace for my family while he lived. He would always find a way to get to us and I couldn't trust anyone else to save us. I was going to have to do it myself.

"Please forgive me" I whispered to Mom, Hermione, V, Polly and even Jughead as my fingers found the cold steel that I was looking for.

POV Jughead

A second after we heard the first shot, another one rang out and I heard two gasps and two thumps. I raced up the stairs to see Hal laying in front of a door. There was blood everywhere. Hal moaned as we approached him but I could see the blood pouring from his stomach and I sighed a breath of relief. He looked like a goner and I wasn't a bit sad about that. Relief was short lived when I noticed the two holes in the door. My body froze as I remembered that we heard two shots.

"Crap. BETTY! OPEN THE DOOR!" I screamed as I kicked the gun away from Hal. My dad took out a handkerchief and picked it up. I pushed Hal out of the way and began to bang on the door. I tried to open it but it was locked, of course. I heard a moan. Her moan.

"Betty, baby, please open the door. He's down. We're here. He can't hurt you anymore. Please baby. I need for you to unlock the door." I begged as I rammed my shoulder against the door. Sweet Pea and Fangs finally jumped over Hal to help me. Thankfully we busted the door down on the third try. I ran into the room and looked around in shock. Betty was lying to the side of the door. Blood was pouring from her thigh.

"Fuck!" I yelled as I rushed to her. I took off my shirt and put it over her wound. She looked at me in a daze.

"Did I get him?" she mumbled.

"Yeah, baby. You got him good, now lets take care of you" I replied as I applied pressure to the wound.

"Their are two ambulances on the way." Dad called as he rushed over.

Fangs and Sweet Pea were elevating her leg while Dad helped me with the pressure.

"He can't hurt them anymore" Betty mumbled as her eyes rolled back in her head.

"Betty, baby. You have to stay awake. Please stay awake. Look at me baby" I pleaded. She looked at my face and a ghost of a smile washed over her.

"I love you, baby. I need for you to stay with me." I cried.

"Juggie. I'm sorry" she whispered as she closed her eyes.

EEK. Please don't hate me readers! Sorry!