Bambina

Someone knocks on the door and I tell them to enter. It's angel and she has a man with her. He's holding a small doctors bag and he gives me a friendly smile. "Angel why don't you leave me to talk with Mrs Ricci here?" He says.

"That's fine Mr Desorio I'll see you in a minute Bella call if you need anything" Angel says and I nod. I sit up and perch at the side of the bed.

"So Mrs Ricci What is the reason for my visit and why did Angel tell me not to tell the famiglia?" His thick Italian accent comforts me reminding me of my grandfather.

"As you May know I married Luca a couple of weeks ago recently I have not been well and Angel told me about you and that she was going to call you to check up on me," I say shyly.

"Right well we will do some tests and I will check you over have you been using protection whilst being with Luca?" I shake my head.

"Right here is a small cup please give me a sample whilst I set everything up" I take the cup and walk to the bathroom. I do my business and wash my hands. I exit the bathroom to see the doctor and none other than Luca. He turns to look at me and his face darkens with a unknown emotion. Probably hatred.

"Why did you not tell me you we're unwell and wanted to see a doctor? I had to find out from my guard that my own wife and sister was keeping such a thing a secret?" He says with an accusatory tone.

I give the sample to the doctor and I sit down. I ignore him as I am not feeling well and I cannot be bothered with his pettiness today. Mr Desorio clears his throat and walks to the bathroom. He disposes of the cup and walks back with a thin strip in his gloved hand.

"Well Mrs Ricci you are indeed pregnant and I'd say that is the reason why you have felt unwell I will do some other tests then prescribe you some medication to help you feel better" I just nod and let him take blood and my blood pressure. He gives me some medicine and vitamins.

Luca shakes Dr Desorio's hand and I say goodbye as he exits the room. Luca sits down beside me on the bed and begins to run his hands through his hair. "The family will be glad that's for sure as the contract says we have to have a child within one year so they can be heir to the business at least it happened sooner rather than later," he says with no emotion.

My heart constricts and tears begin to fall. All he can think about is the fact that it will make the families happy. Not that it will make me happy or him for that matter. All he is thinking of is that it will bind us together even more with that stupid contract.

"Get out" I say with no emotion in my voice. He turns to look at me.

"I will do no such thing this is my house Bella and you are my wife and you are now carrying my child so I will stay right here so we can talk," He says.

"GET OUT" I scream and the door bursts open. Angel and Mrs Ricci walk in with worried looks. "Luca darling please leave us with Bella for a while?" Asmara says.

He stands and storms out of the room. Angel closes the door as the two sit on the couch at the bottom of the bed. I just stare at the ceiling thinking about the Bambina that's now growing inside me.

VOTE COMMENT SHARE!!!