Dressed in all black

I didn't take my wife last night even though I wanted to more than anything. Instead, I ran a bath and I joined her. We talked and we got everything out in the open for once. She told me that when she lost our child she not only blamed me but she blamed the mafia.

She did not know how to deal with her feelings so she concentrated on her hate for me which drove us apart. I told her that I understood and that I too blamed myself. If it was not for going to Milan and having that meeting our child would still be growing inside her. She asked me what took me so long on my last trip to Milan but I didn't tell her how I tortured the people responsible. I didn't tell her that my hands were now coated with even more blood.

Instead, I told her that I was giving her time away from me. I told her I was also taking time to get over my emotions regarding the baby. Which was true but she did not need to know the way I deal with my emotions. We then lay in bed and laughed and talked about something we didn't do even when we were getting on in the first weeks of our marriage.

Now we are leaving to attend her mother's funeral. She is dressed in a black fitted dress with matching heels and a black trench coat. Her hair flows down her back and she looks gorgeous. I match her with a black suit but I add a blood-red tie something every mafia man does at a funeral. She looks to me and I just stand there and stare at her awaiting her next move.

She walks over to me and places her hands on my shoulders. "I love you, my dear Luca," She says and places her lips on to mine. They feel soft and delicate and all too soon she pulls away.

"I love you to Princessa I will be there for you today I will support you I promise," I say in return. She places her hand in mine and we exit the house. We get into the black limousine with the rest of my famiglia and we drive to the cemetery. As we exit the car I notice there are some enemy's here and I keep Bella's hand in mine so I can watch her at all times.

As we join the rest of the mourners I watch as Bella's brothers and sisters walk over to her. They each hug her and pull away. We walk to the chairs provided and we sit at the front as I am head of the mafia and Bella is Mrs Russo's daughter. Everyone gathers around and the funeral gets underway. I hold Bella as she cries into my shoulder and I whisper soothing words to her.

As her father stands to give his speech I look around at everyone gathered. You can see the loathing looks they hold as they look on. You can see the hatred and it shows how hated Mr Russo really is. Suddenly a shot rings out and I turn my head to see Emiliano Russo fall to the ground. His sons and men surround him as I cover Bella. I tell Dante and Lorenzo to watch her as I walk over to Emiliano.

I lean down and feel for a pulse but it's useless. He was shot right in the heart he died instantly. I begin to hear sirens and I walk over to Bella and pull her behind me. I tell Dante and Lorenzo to take Bella's sisters home with us and to hurry.

We get into the limousine followed by my parents Angelina Bella's sisters and my brothers. I look at Bella and she is very pale. I grab her chin and turn her to look at me. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine Luca I don't really feel anything at the moment I just want to go home," She says calmly making me worry. I turn and look out the window as thoughts of who could have killed Emiliano and what will happen next invade my head.

VOTE COMMENT SHARE!!!