Start of the end

I gently wake Bella as we have to talk. She stirs awake and rises to sit. She looks at me and she reaches to hug me. I hug her back and then step away. It kills me inside to do it but I know I must.

"Have you signed the paperwork yet?" I ask and her face falls.

"I am not signing the paperwork Luca I have already told you this I will not give up on us now," she says stubbornly.

"Bella this is what you wanted for months you wanted to be free of me and now I have granted you what you want you to change your mind why?" I say exasperated.

"Is this about you or is it about me Luca? Is it really yourself who wants a divorce but your trying to turn the tables and make me divorce you is it because of my scars do you not find me beautiful anymore?" She says with wet eyes.

I sit down on the bed and grab both her hands. "Don't ever say that of course, I find you beautiful I always will Princessa, "

"Then do not ask me to sign these divorce papers because it is not what I want I want to live happily with you and our son because my nightmare is finally over," she says on a sob.

"Are you sure Bella? Because your nightmare is all my fault from the very first incident to the last?" I say.

"It was never your fault none of it was it was Marco's fault he chose to take me and torture me he was a sick individual and I hope you made him suffer because I would if I had the chance," she says.

"I did make him suffer Bella I promise you that and I also promise to never let anyone else harm you I will protect you and Alessandro with my life," I say.

"Well I am glad because I have had too much heartache for one year I just want to live a happy life and although I would have happily accepted the divorce at the start it's time to put that to an end and move on I love you, Luca,," she says and wraps her arms around me.

"I love you Bella and I am more than happy that you chose to stay with me I love you Princessa, " With that, she leans forward and kisses me gently.

It has been so long since I felt her lips on mine it nearly blows me away. I feel the wet tears coat my cheeks as she cries silently. I pull away and I lay down beside her. I hold her until she falls asleep once again and it's when I decide to plan something that I hope will erase all the before leaving only the after.

I rise slowly and exit the room. I walk downstairs and into the kitchen. My mother is feeding Alessandro and I sit down beside them. "Mother, I want to plan something that will make Bella happy will you please help me?"

She smiles and we begin to plan. Once we're done and the arrangements are made I walk back upstairs with Alessandro. I enter our room and I place Alessandro in his crib. When I am here and not working I have my son with me. I am grateful to my mother for taking care of him when I couldn't but once I had him with me I felt closer to Bella and it was the only thing that brought me peace.

I then walk to the guest room that Bella is in and I gently wake her. We walk to our room and I watch as Bella's face lights up with happiness. She must have missed him very much. We sit on the bed together and play with him something we have never got to do.

I then run his bath and Bella undresses him. She places him Inside and I play with him as she washes him. I watch them both and I snap a picture on my phone something I also haven't been able to do until now. She smiles at me and she takes him out of the bath and drys him.

I get her his little soft baby to grows and his pacifier and she dresses him. I go down stairs and I get his bottle returning with it so she can feed him. When I return he is screaming and crying and I rush to her side. Bella is trying to rock him but it's useless.

I take him from her arms and I place the bottle in his mouth. She begins to cry and she runs to the bathroom shutting it behind her. Once Alessandro is asleep I place him in his cot and I walk to the bathroom.

I knock gently and she exits the bathroom. She walks to the bed and lies down. "He thinks I am a stranger Luca he doesn't recognise me and I am his mama he should but that has been ripped away from me, " she sobs.

"Bella listen to me Alessandro knows you are his mother but he has been away from you for over a month he just has to get used to you again which he will but I have a surprise for you which I am hoping will help bring us all together, " I grab my phone and bring up the booking.

She looks at it and her eyes widen. "What is this bambina?" She asks.

"Well we didn't get to go on a honeymoon so I decided to book us one we're flying to Italy for two weeks and I am hoping it will bring us closer together and heal some of your wounds that's on the inside?" I say.

"Thank you, Luca, it sounds amazing my darling," she says excitedly.

"Well get some rest as we leave early tomorrow and you will have to see your doctor before we leave to make sure your fit to travel, "

VOTE COMMENT SHARE!!!