Chapter twenty-two

Everyone was gathered for the after party. Alec was talking to his mom and Magnus was talking to his dad.

"May I please have both grooms together and have their dance." The priest announced.

Alec blushed and walked to the dance floor. Magnus walked to the dance floor, too, very nervous for their first dance as a married couple.

Alec walked up to Magnus and placed his hands on Magnus' waist. Magnus put his hands around Alec's neck. Music was being played, Somewhere only we know by Keane. It wasn't that slow but it was slow enough for them. Magnus placed his head near Alec's heart, listening to it as if, it was the best sound in the world.

Other couples started joining in. One couple that surprised Alec was his mom and Magnus' dad. Alec was happy that his mother was moving on. He just wished his dad treated her better than how he did.

"Alec?" Alec looked down to see Magnus' bright eyes. He looked concerned. As if, he didn't agree with something. "What's wrong?"

"Its... just... my mom and your dad look happy." Alec said. Magnus turned his head and looked at his dad. He was happy that his dad is moving on. When his mom died, he was afraid his dad couldn't find love again.

"Hey, do you know where you are taking me on our honeymoon?" Magnus asked.

"Yes, but for you Mr. Lightwood-Bane, you have to wait." Alec smiled. "I really want to tell your dad to ask my mom out."

"You should. They would be really happy." Magnus said, leaning into Alec's ear. "Feed me, Alpha."

Alec gulped, dragging Magnus through the crowd of people. They arrived at the table with lots, and lots of food. Cake, pizza, chips and dip, ice cream, and drinks.

Magnus grabbed a slice of cake and headed to his dad. Alec took the same and followed Magnus. The dancing was over and now everyone was talking amongst their selves.

"Hey, sweetheart." Maryse greeted Alec.

"Hi, mom." Alec said.

"Are you guys having a good time?" Asmodeus asked.

"Yes, we are having a really good time. Where's Izzy? I wanna talk to her." Magnus asked, getting a glare from Alec.

"She is with Simon, I think they brought Marcus." Maryse said.

"Thank you." Magnus said, walking away, looking back at Alec and nodding at him for what he was going to do.

"Asmodeus, can I talk to you?" Alec asked.

"Sure Alec." Asmodeus excused himself from Maryse and walked with Alec a few feet away.

"When me and Magnus were dancing, I saw that you two were, and, I'm happy that my mom is moving on, and I wanted to say that, you should really ask her out. Magnus and I are happy that you too are moving on, and we want you to go for it." Alec said.

"Thank you, Alec. I was actually planning on asking you if I could. I know it isn't right for me to ask you, but I wanted to." Asmodeus said.

"Go for it. I would love to see my mom move on and my, new, father-in-law too." Alec blushed.

"Thank you, my boy. I will go ask her right now."

"Wait! One more thing. When me and Magnus go on our honeymoon, will you two promise to take care of Olivia when we are gone?" Alec questioned.

"Of course we will." Asmodeus said, patting Alec on the arm.

Asmodeus walked away and Alec started looking for Magnus. He was talking with Isabel and Simon. Simon was holding little Marcus. Alec came up to them and placed his arms around Magnus waist. Magnus leaned back against Alec's chest, smelling the beautiful scent that was his mate.

"What did my dad say?" Magnus asked.

"He said he was planning on asking me and I told him to go for it." Alec smiled.

Alec snuggled into Magnus' neck, smelling him. He was happy that he was married and had a beautiful daughter.

He couldn't have been happier.

AN: Sorry I haven't been posting like I have. I have been caught up in summer assignments, studying for my driving test for next year and also practicing driving. I am getting my permit in September and I have my car parked right outside my house. School also starts in 3 weeks time so, yeah. I also haven't been in the mood to write, and only read. So yeah, I hope you liked this chapter. Bye!!

Also follow  maleclightwoodbane1 she is awesome.