🕵 F o u r

The following morning, Zayn woke up to the sound of people talking outside.

At the moment, he had no idea where he was. All he knew was that some man let his window down and told him he needed to pull over and check his bumper because someone had dented it up. Zayn didn't remember seeing a dent when he left work but he figured it wouldn't hurt to check it. So he pulled over in the nearest lot.

The man stopped as well, claiming he was going to show him what he saw. However, when they both got out to look at it, the man came up to Zayn, grabbed hold of him from behind and started to drag him to his own SUV. Zayn faught very hard, kicking and screaming but the lot they were in was abandoned and no one was nearby to hear him. So the man simply put something over his nose and mouth and waited until he passed out.

When Zayn finally awakened, he was in a dimly lit shed somewhere and lying in a twin sized bed with one of his hands cuffed to the bedpost. His kidnapper was there but he didn't look familiar at all. Zayn had never seen him before so he could never even guess what he might have wanted with him.

Besides threatening to shoot and kill him, his kidnapper didn't say much either. Not that Zayn was ever awake enough to hear him talk anyway. Because as soon as Zayn finished speaking to Harry, he forcibly injected him with something. Zayn later became really sleepy and hadn't awaken until now.

Something on the double doors clicked and one of them opened, letting in the light from outside. A woman's figure came through but someone else closed the door behind her because she was carrying something in her hands and couldn't do it herself.

Zayn was still waking up, so his vision was blurry. But when she came over to him and stood under the light, he quickly sat up with a gasp. "You."

"No, no. Don't be afraid." She said calmly.

"You're the lady from the coffee shop on Monday. You kidnapped me."

"I'm sorry. I had to."

"No you didn't."

"Yes. I did. I really did. And I'm sorry. But you shouldn't be afraid. Not of me. I don't want to hurt you. Maybe he does, but I certainly do not. I saved your wig too. It came off when he took you."

"Oh."

He watched her put a floral printed paper bowl and paper cup on a rolling table and roll it over to him. It looked like party supplies.

"What is that?"

"It's your breakfast."

"Breakfast?"

"Yes."

Zayn was slightly curious. His kidnapper didn't feed him anything yesterday. He simply drugged him and left him to fall asleep.

"Oh. Thanks..."

He leaned forward off the edge of the bed and peeked over into the bowl. There were scrambled eggs in it.

"Eggs?"

"Yes. And water."

"Where's the fork to eat it with?"

But she shook her head. "Sorry. He said I'm not allowed to give you anything that can be used as a weapon. Even plastic."

Zayn frowned. Well, that would explain the paper cup and bowl. Apparently the man who kidnapped him was no fool.

"So I'm supposed to eat with my hands?"

"I think so."

"Uh... okay."

The door opened again. "Kelly." A male's voice said. Zayn knew that was the voice of the man who kidnapped him yesterday. "That's enough. I told you to give him his breakfast and come right back out."