🕵 T w e n t y T h r e e

Just after six oclock, Harry finally went into the bathroom away from Louis and Amos and worked up the nerve to call Patricia. She answered the phone after the first two rings.

"Hello?"

"Ms. Malik."

"Harry. Are you alright? Why did you just up and leave like that?"

"I want to speak to my children." He said without answering.

"What?"

"I want to speak to Nema and Charlie right now."

"Well, I can't do that. They're not with me. I'm at the penthouse."

"Then where are they?"

"They're with Niall. He came over and got them when you left yesterday. Where are you, Harry?"

But again he did not answer her question. He hung up before she could say anything else. Then he called up Niall. Like Patricia, he answered pretty quickly. But he was a lot less calm.

"What the hell is your problem, Harry? Have you lost your mind?"

"I would like to speak to my children, please. On speaker."

"Oh really? That's the first thing you say, huh? I can't believe you just left your children. You didn't say goodbye. You didn't make sure they were being taken care of. Nothing! Just left them in someone else's hands!"

"Listen. I didn't want to. But you all left me no choice with your accusations."

"Oh, stop it. Don't make it seem like they weren't warranted. And you sure as hell didn't come up with any proof when you denied them."

"Because what is the point of doing that when you haven't heard from Zayn? You'll just continue to assume the worst without knowing the truth."

"Well okay. Let me ask you. Did you hurt Zayn?"

"You know better than that."

"Interesting. You didn't deny it."

"No! I didn't hurt him! Let me speak to my kids!"

"I hope you know that Nema was very upset. Today was the last day of school and apparently there was a party in her class. She was really hoping you could come since the parents were invited but she didn't get to ask you because you never saw them yesterday. You came in the house, got angry with us and then left."

"I know what I did. I don't need you to tell me."

"But I certainly need you to tell me what you know about my best friend. Zayn is your husband. You live with him. You work with him. You have lied to all of us about him. Bet you wouldn't even tell us where you are now, would you?"

"I don't have to. I'm not guilty of anything. And you know I hate to threaten you because I really do like you, Niall. I do. But if you don't let me talk to my children right now, I promise you that from here on out, I will make it very hard for you to get started in your career as an attorney. Don't think that I'm lying."

The line was quiet and finally Niall spoke up again. "Fine."

A moment later he heard Nema speak into the phone.

"Hey, Pa."

"Hi, Sunshine. Where's your brother?"

"Here."

He smiled. "Charlie?"

"Sleepy."

"I know. Maybe Uncle Niall will let you have a quick nap soon. I just wanted to say that I'm proud of Nema for passing the first grade and I'm proud of you for being good. I love you and you both really mean the world to me. I hope to see you soon."