🕵 S e v e n

Harry sat up and looked at Amos with bulged eyes. This call was from an unknown number. It was definitely the kidnapper's.

"Stay calm, remember?"

"Yes."

"Answer it."

He put the phone on speaker. "Hello?"

"Hello, Harry. Did you get our money?" The distorted male voice came through the reciever.

"Yes. All nine thousand seven hundred. But I won't do anything else until you let me talk to Zayn and know he's still alive."

The line went quiet and no one was speaking. So at first Harry thought it was a mistake to listen to Amos and demand that. But then there was a grunt. And rustling on the line. "Fine. Hold on."

"Hello?"

"Zayn, baby. It's me."

"Harry. I miss you."

"I miss you too. But I want you to tell me something only you and I know so I know it's really you."

"I got you coffee on Monday. Your favorite with the chocolate syrup."

Harry looked towards Amos who was questioning him with his eyes, wanting to know if that was legitimate or not. He nodded and Amos gave him the nod to continue.

"I'll have you back soon, okay?"

"Okay."

"Good. So you know he's alive." The voice said again. "Now listen to me carefully."

"I'm listening."

"Keep the nine thousand seven hundred safe. Tomorrow, choose a different bank than the one you went to today and go and withdraw six thousand one hundred in cash."

Harry was taken back by that. "What?"

"You heard me. Six, one, zero, zero. Then keep it someplace safe until you're asked for it."

"Um..."

"At exactly eight p.m. tomorrow, you will receive another call for further instruction. You better have it and you better be waiting for my call."

The line went dead and Harry just sat staring in space. He was speechless "I- I..."

"I know."

He faced Amos and the look on his face told the story of just how afraid he was.

"I... I don't understand. I thought I was supposed to make a drop. I thought I was going to get Zayn back."

"I know."

"What's going on?"

He shook his head. "I don't know, Harry. Nine thousand seven hundred plus six thousand one hundred is still not a whole number. That's just fifteen thousand eight hundred."

"So what the hell are they doing?"

"I don't know."

"Well tell me something! That man and whoever he's working with has Zayn!"

"I know. I'm trying to think of something. But I don't understand yet. I have never come across a kidnapper that asks for ransom money like this."

"Are we even sure it's ransom money?"

"Yes. That we are sure of. There are manly three reason people get kidnapped. Trafficking, ransom money or there is some ill will felt towards the person being kidnapped. But we can rule two of the three out. If it were traficking, you definitely would not have recieved a call from them. Zayn would be gone without a trace or hint of who he's with. Secondly, if it were something they had against Zayn, he'd either already be dead or again, they would not have contacted you. But we know it's ransom money because they're asking for money."