🕵 T w e n t y

When Zayn woke up it was a new day and it was just after noon. Although he had no idea what the exact time was, he could tell that he slept longer into the day than usual. Clearly Ethan was so displeased with him screaming, that he filled the syringe with more medicine than all the previous days.

But that wasn't all. Zayn's wrists were taped together, as well as his ankles. And to make sure he didn't scream again, so was his mouth. For even more punishment, the fan that Kelly talked Ethan into getting for him had been removed. So it was hot in the shed all over again. The only good thing that came out of his mistreatment was that he didn't have to endure the stench of a dead body because Ethan had removed Kelly while he was sleeping. He wasn't sure how he removed her or when, but at least he was saved from having to smell her rotting just a few feet from him.

About an hour and a half after he had been awake, Ethan finally unlocked the shed and came in with a cold bottle of water in his hand. He smiled when he saw Zayn.

"Hi there. How is your day? Mine is great. I just secured thirty thousand dollars from your husband last night. And when I pawn your very expensive rings after everything dies down, I will be even better."

He came over to Zayn. "You may wonder what I'm going to do with you. I mean... I've already got my money. Yet you're still here. Right? Well, I don't know what I plan to do with you. I haven't even thought about where to leave you for him."

He bent down over the bed and wiped sweat away from his forehead. "The growing beard is a turnoff for me right now but I might have taken a small liken to you. Maybe you're not wrong. Maybe there is something about you that draws a man to you. For Harry it may be your good looks and personality. But for me, it's how weak you appear when I look at you. Reminds me of Kelly. Only I actually want to keep you around for some reason.

He twisted the cap off the bottle in his hand now.

"Unfortunately, you must be punished for your behavior last night. Your screaming was unnacceptable. We already talked about what I am to you. I'm your master, remember? That means you submit to me no matter what I ask you to do for me. But you screamed. So that means you have to deal with these consequences."

He purposely took a long sip of his bottle and made a noise to show how refreshing the cold water was.

"See that? Hold that in your mind and get your imagination going because it's the closest you'll get to water for a while. Food too."

For fun, he poured some of the water on Zayn's exposed stomach, making him jump and groan.

"Good boy."

Then with that, he just left Zayn to himself to think. At that time, Zayn really was using his imagination. But it wasn't to quench his thirst as Ethan suggested. It was him hoping that the next person to come through that door would be someone here to rescue him.

* * *

Marie opened the door to Patricia a little after four, oclock.

"Ms. Malik. How are you?"

"I'm okay. Is Harry home?"

"No ma'am. I believe he's still away at work."

"Good. Is Zayn home?"

Marie looked curious. "No... Why don't you come on inside."

"Thank you."

Patricia stepped inside and waited for Marie to lock the door.

"Would you like something to drink?"

"No thank you. I'm not really here to drink anything. I'm here because I'm worried about Zayn. Some strange things have been happening regarding him. And I'm scared."