🕵 E l e v e n

"Are you serious, Liam?"

"Yes. I'm very serious. I've never really done this before. It's my first time."

"Well, me either if I'm being honest. I've never dated a woman." He stretched out on the couch. "I mean... I had one night stands with them. But real dating? I've never done it."

"You did it with Zayn."

"But he's a man."

"So? You still dated."

"Yes. I dated him."

"So what was the first one like then? Any pointers for me?"

Now Harry switched hands and put the phone up to his other ear. "For my first date with Zayn, I took him some place special to me. I took him to the wildflower field where we spread my mother's ashes. But that was before she died."

"Aw. Did he like it?"

"Yeah. He did appreciate it a lot. That's another reason the place is so special to our entire family."

Liam sighed into the reciever. "I have no place special to take her though. Just the restaurant we're going to."

"You don't need one. If the restaurant is nice, that's still good. Special is ideal but not necessary. As long as it's someplace you've been to before so that you're familiar with it and can help her get familiar and feel more at ease with you."

"Yes. It is familiar. But how do I talk to her? Do I even touch her?"

Harry thought back to his first date with Zayn and chuckled into the phone. "There is nothing wrong with holding her hand. Although it would be appropriate to ask first. I sort of made up this lame excuse to hold Zayn's hand because I didn't know what to do. But you should definitely ask."

"Did you kiss on the first date?"

"Yes. We did. But don't feel obligated to do that. She might not even be ready to kiss you on the first date. If she is, the signs will be there and they will be obvious. You won't even have to ask. If they aren't obvious, then I wouldn't rush it. Take your time."

"How do I talk to her?"

"Oh, come on, Liam."

"What?"

"That is not a question you should need to ask. Just hold a normal conversation with her. Be yourself and don't only talk about things you like. Ask real questions. Get her opinion on things. Let her know what she thinks is important to you. If you do that, you're fine."

"You think so?"

"Yes. I do. And Liam. You are a great guy. Whoever this woman is that you're going on the date with, she'll love you as you are. I have no doubt."

Liam laughed nervously. "Okay. Well... if you really think so, I guess here goes nothing."

"Good luck. Let me know how it goes on Monday."

"I will. See you then."

"Bye, Liam."

When the call officially ended, Harry put the phone down on the coffee table and groaned up at the ceiling. Here he was talking to Liam about memories with Zayn as if things were alright. But the truth was that any day could confirm for him if the memories he had of him now would be the only memories he would have of him for the rest of his life.

And at that point, what would life be like then? What would his mornings and nights be like if he had to wake up and go to bed without him? How would he go about his life? Would he ever successfully fall in love again?