🕵 T w e n t y S i x

Day three of Zayn's admittance to the hospital was also the day that he was going to be released. By then, Harry had been home and back. So he was able to bring clothes for Zayn to wear since Zayn hadn't had anything clean to wear. Zayn had been so nervous and restless the whole time too. No matter how much Harry kept telling him he would be able to go home soon, his only focus was that he couldn't wait to leave.

As for visitors, he had pretty much seen everyone who came to the hospital last time. Everyone except Louis. And because of that, Harry made it a point to tell everyone who was there that he wanted to be the one to mention Louis to Zayn and tell him about the major part he had in finding him.

At the moment, he had been asked to leave the room while they finished up the last of the tasks needed to get him ready to go home. So he went to the waiting room to sit. Only Amos was there. The rest of their family and friends were back at their home waiting to surprise Zayn.

"Finally able to go home, huh?"

"Yes. It's been a long time coming. He's so excited he couldn't stop blabbering to me even when I had to leave the room."

Amos chuckled. "Ah. Must be nice to love and be loved like that."

"You have no idea." Then he caught himself because he realized how that must've sounded. The last time he said something like that, Amos left. "But I don't mean that in a bad way at all. It's just something I said. It wasn't even supposed to come out that way."

"I know, Harry. And you're right. I don't have any idea what it's like."

Harry exhaled heavily. "I still don't know how you planned that in a way so you didn't lose your job but you're a fucking genius. We were able to get Zayn and our man."

"Yep. Who, thanks to Zayn, we found out was a murderer too. Still can't believe he murdered Kelly, stuffed her in a tin barrel and planted flowers on top of her. How cruel."

"Yeah. But it was thanks to both of you, really. Apparently Zayn only witnessed him kill her but you saw him with the tin barrel, so I was able to tell them that when I told them I was watching from behind the abandoned house. That's how they knew where to look."

"Behind the abandoned house? You mean you didn't tell them you were actually in it?"

Harry gave him a look that made Amos chuckle.

"Hey, what can I say, Harry? I am a genius."

"Yes you are."

"Excuse me. Mr. Styles."

Harry faced the entrance of the waiting room to see one of the police officers that had been guarding the hospital room. His name was Officer Langley and Officer Langley knew Amos very well when they were on the force together. So over the past few days, whenever he recieved any information on the case, he made it his duty to pass it along to Harry if he was allowed to.

"Yes?"

"I wanted to talk to you really quick. I have some news for you."

He folded his arms. "Okay."

"Would you like to talk about it in private?"

"Is it about Zayn's case?"

"Yes."

"Then no. Amos can stay and we can talk right here."

He tucked his hand in his pockets. "Alright. Well you do know that our main suspect was in the hospital."

"That's right. Because I put him there."

"Yes. But... last night he died."

Harry frowned. "What? Died? How did that happen? The doctors said he was going to make a full and speedy recovery."