🕵 F o u r t e e n

Driving through this neighborhood really put Harry on notice. As he past houses, he saw old rusted and broken down cars in the driveways. The houses were all close to each other and many yards were unkept. Most houses desperately needed a paint job while other houses needed the junk in the yards to be cleared away.

This was something Harry wasn't used to. And he wasn't used to Louis living in an area like this either. Going from a secured building to a neighborhood like this where he was more vulnerable to crime had to be a shock to Louis. There was no doubt in Harry's mind that he could be desperate enough to kidnap his husband and even go as far as threatening to kill him. Money made people do crazy things.

Your destination is on the right.

Harry was reading the numbers in the mailboxes. When he came up to the one that was written on the sheet of paper he was given, he pulled up into the driveway, parked the car and turned off the engine.

You have arrived.

He didn't even stop to think about what he was doing. He had no plan. He didn't even know if Louis still lived here or not. All he knew was that he was angry and he wanted his husband back. It was all he could think about.

He snatched up the envelope that had been stashed between the driver seat and console and opened the door. As soon as he got out of the car, another car pulled up in the driveway behind him. He recognized it right away as Amos' and frowned hard.

"What the hell?!" He asked.

Amos jumped out immediately.

"Stop!"

"Were you following me all morning?!"

"I had no choice! I can't let you hurt someone who didn't do anything!"

Harry scoffed and turned up the pathway. So Amos, leaned back in the car and quickly turned off the engine. By the time he caught up to Harry, Harry was already banging on the door like a maniac.

"Open the door!"

"He didn't do it!"

"Open the damn door, Louis! Open up!"

Amos tried to pull at Harry, but he was pushed away and he fell off the short porch into the Holly bushes. As he was trying to climb out of the bushes, the door opened and Harry grabbed a man by the collar with his free hand, then forced his way inside. He threw the envelope in the man's face.

"You want money? Here it is! NOW WHERE IS HE?!"

"What?"

"Where is he, Louis?!"

Harry slammed Louis against the hall wall and gripped his neck with both hands now.

Louis made a weird sound that meant he was struggling for air. "Who?"

"ZAYN! WHERE'S ZAYN?! WHERE IS HE? What have you done with him?! Hm?!"

"I've... done nothing."

He reached up, and tried to pry Harry's hands away but Harry was too strong.

"Harry." He managed to get out.

Suddenly, Harry felt something hit his ankle.

"Ouch!"

"Stop it!"

"Stop hurting my daddy!

"No! Daddy!"

"Go away!"

The hits kept coming with each cry, and he turned sideways to see two little girls kicking at his ankles and another little girl trying to help Louis up. He was totally surprised and was so dumbfounded that he had to be yanked away by Amos who finally came in.