🕵 F i f t e e n

Harry arrived home around two o'clock. Marie was there and met him at the door to the garage.

"Mr. Styles. You're home extremely early. Is everything alright?"

He tucked the envelope under his side to hide it a little bit. "Yes. I'm fine."

"Did casual Friday come early too?" She smiled after she'd asked the question but Harry didn't understand right away.

"Huh?"

"Your attire. It's casual."

Then he looked down at himself. "Oh. Yes. I guess it did come early."

She had only been joking at the time but she did have to admit that having him agree struck her as strange. There was no casual Friday at Anne Incorporated. So that told her that he did not actually go to work despite trying to lead her to belive otherwise.

"And you're sure everything is fine?"

"Yes. It is."

"Well, can I get you anything?"

"No, thank you."

"Alright."

He started to walk away, but then he snapped his fingers and faced her. "I did want to tell you that I'm going to be taking the kids someplace today. So when they get home, you may leave."

"Sure."

She looked sadly at him.

"Any word from Mr. Malik? I do miss him."

"Nope. No word."

Just in time, his phone rang. He took it out and looked at the name across the screen. His relief disapeared. But he still answered the call and turned his back on Marie as he headed toward his bedroom.

"Hello?"

"Harry. Where is my son? It has been days now. Four, I think. Zayn still has not called. And when I call, his phone is still off."

"Yes ma'am."

"Why?"

Harry huffed quietly. This was the last phonecall he wanted to have right now but he guessed he was lucky she hadn't called about this long before. Even with that thought though, he still couldn't tell her the truth. He was going to have to continue lying to her as he had been doing. So he went into his room, closed the door and locked it behind him.

"Listen, Ms. Malik. I um... I need to tell you something."

"What?"

"Zayn won't be talking to you anymore."

"What?"

"Why do you think he hasn't called or why his phone is shut off?"

"I... I don't know."

"Because he wants to be left alone."

"From his family? I don't understand. Why?"

"I don't know."

"Well, did he not tell you? You're married to him."

He sat on the bed and put his hand over his face. "Ms. Malik. Please don't make me keep repeating this. I'm begging you."

"Yet, I feel as though I have to. He was eager for me to come visit. He couldn't wait for me to come so he could spend time with me and see me in person. But here you are telling me that he doesn't want to talk to me anymore. I don't believe you."

"Okay."

"You have nothing against me, do you?"

"Of course not."