♡ 16 ♡

Minseo's POV

"Why can't we tell the others? We should trust one another." I walked into the kitchen following him. He didn't respond. He grabbed a glass and filled it up with water and quickly chugged it down as I watched. "We have to take matters into our own hands from time to time, think about the consequences if we tell someone..even our friends." He sighed placing the glass down in the sink.

"As someone whose been adopted, trust me. You can't trust everyone. I trust our friends but this letter that whoever gave us, is trying to send out a message to split us up. We're like a family." He furrowed his eyebrows, stress was visible in his eyes.

"Woojin. I get it. But what do they want us to do?" I asked. He let out a sigh and it seemed words couldn't escape his mouth. "I have to make you do something, if you don't do it, 2 of our friends will be murdered." He grabbed my shoulders with pleading eyes, "please don't tell anyone until I figure things out." He closed his eyes and sighed. "Will you tell me what it is?" I asked once again. "Not yet, please trust me." Woojin finished his sentence and walked out of the kitchen. Somethings fishy and I don't like it. Why did he tell me now? Why did he tell me that he's adopted now out of all these years. Woojins hiding something and I need to get to the bottom of it.

Woojin's POV

The letter directed me to do something I knew I'd regret. I couldn't do that to Chan, he's like a brother to me, someone whose more than just a friend but family. When I lost my parents he was there by my side when I was at my breaking point, he held me up and gave me strength. I explained to Minseo that I received a letter just in case something bad ever happens, but I couldn't tell her what was written inside of that letter. The letter gave me specific directions to follow.

1. Find an area where you can lock them up for 24 hours (leave food and everything they need to survive)

2. Find Minseo and Felix

3. You have to find a way to distract them and lead them to that area and lock them up until that 24 hours hits.

4. We'll know the area you've chosen, because you'll call using this number. xxx-xxx-xxxx

5. After the 24 hours is done we have placed a camera somewhere in that room. Find it and leave it it some place for Chan to see and only him.

6. If you accomplish this your friends and you will be safe, if you don't those you love will be brutally murdered..specifically starting with two of your friends. They will die In front of you.

This is the most selfish thing I could ever do, but I don't want my friends getting hurt. Sacrifices have to be made even if it means they will leave me behind.

I told Chan that I needed groceries and he agreed to pick some things up for me. We were running out of food since there was a total of 10 people living in this household. Guilt hit me but it had to be done. This was the chance, I had already chosen a place to keep Felix and Minseo in, not top closed up and enough food and water for them to survive. It was a small storage room in an abandoned building. But I planned to call them individually to drop the suspicion. "Hey Felix!" I said smacking the back of his neck. "Owe that hurts." Felix whined. "What do you want?" He asked placing the remote control down. "Someone has taken Chan, they gave me the location but told me to tell you to go alone, or they'll kill him." I said, lying wasn't easy but it had to be done. I won't ever forgive myself. Felix simply understood and got his things ready and rushed out. Once he rushed to his room to get ready I told Minseo the exact same thing. "Chan has been kidnapped, but they told me to send you, and only you there." I said and she didn't hesitate to run over to her room everything felt normal at this point for her. "I'll go now! Text me the address." She smiled and ran out of the house grabbing Changbins car keys. Felix left the house after her and drove away seconds later.

I had to get there as well, so I rushed to the location and waited for the right timing. Minseo walked in first and started looking around, Felix walked in after a while and started digging through some papers. "I'm sorry guys." I whispered and locked the door shut. This hurt like hell, I turned back hearing them bang on the door minutes later. But I couldn't look back. I had to walk away.

Minseo's POV

The place looked very odd, why would someone keep Chan hostage here of all places. I walked in and looked around, there was no light but a sudden window showed as I walked into a room. It was a bit cleaner than the hallways. I began looking around for some sort of clue or lead at least. I suddenly heard something squeak and the door closed behind me. I heard a key lock it and I ran towards it. The lights of the room suddenly turned on showing a room. The room had velvet red walls and a pretty queen sized bed. But why was there such a gorgeous room in such a dirty place like this. I felt someone run behind me and I threw a punch. "MINSEO!? THAT HURT!" There I found Felix rubbing his shoulder in pain. "Why are you here?" I asked confused. "I'm just as confused as you are, I came here because Woojin told me Chan had been kidnapped, but the thing was that he told me not to tell anyone.." he squinted his eyes and looked at me oddly. "Trust me, he told me the same thing...Felix what the hell is going on." I turned around and started banging in the door. Felix gave up and looked around the room some more, "hey I think I found something." He held up a letter. "I'm sorry." He read it out loud and looked up at me with sad eyes. "Do you think Woojin did this?" He panicked.

"But..Why would Woojin-" I tried to speak but I was cut off by Felix banging the door even harder. "WOOJIN LET US OUT" he growled. "We shouldn't trust everyone around us." He banged his head against the door and fell to the floor. "Stop It's okay, just get some rest for a while, someone will let us out. Eventually.." I pulled him up from the ground and walked to the bed. "Alright, I'll close my eyes for a bit." He groaned and plopped down next to me.

I sat there overthinking things for a good 10 minutes, my heart was racing like crazy. I felt like I was gonna cry. I found a glass of water and chugged it down, for some reason it didn't really taste like water. I felt drowsy but continued to cry silently hoping someone would come help us. I needed comfort, at times like these I needed to be wrapped in someone's arms. "Minseo? Are you alright?" I turned around and Felix looked at me half asleep. I nodded and tried to wipe my tears away. "I'm hella thirsty." Felix awkwardly laughed. I found another glass and passed it to him, he also chugged it down without even breathing. He drank it all in one breath. "Woah that made my head feel weird." Felix started waving his head all over the place then held it back in place acting like he had no control. "Calm down, it's just water." I laughed. "Wait...why are there empty soju bottles there." Felix glared at me and bursted our laughing. "You're so dumb you just confused Soju for water." He flicked your forehead and fell into the bed. "Hey no fair!" I leaned towards him to flick his forehead but he ducked and I fell on top of him. At that point everything started to slow down, I couldn't see clearly.

"You know...when I saw you through that opened door a few days ago, I really did regret not taking you for myself all those years ago." Felix chuckled. "I tried my best to take my mind off of you, but it all went back to you." His smile faded and he stroked a strand of hair behind my ear. "Why can't I get the girl, it's so hard it hurts. I always see you smiling I want you to be happy but I have to be selfish sometimes." A tear streamed down his face.

"I always wanted someone to love me."

"I wanted someone to love me just the way you love him."

"Felix you're drunk."

"But the truth hurts, and being drunk is no excuse, it's just easier telling you these things." He closer his eyes and leaned closer.

His breath hit my lips.

"Too close." I whispered.

"It hurts too much to leave a gap and pull back."