19

Dad's pov/ David's pov

10 years since Venkat left. 7 years for Robbie and Rayan and 3 for Ishan.

As a father, I know I've failed. I know I've not treated my family with the respect they deserve.

But what about me? What about my dreams and ambitious. I had a few dreams, I wanted my kids to accomplish them. But no, four boys and none of them could.

It's not like I wanted to kick them out of my house. Yes I kicked Venkat out, not the twins and Ishan. It was their choice to the walk out. And since then, I've hated them and almostly regretted to give birth to him.

I've kept my daughter out of their reach because I didn't want her mind to get manipulated by them.

A corner of my heart says that I shouldn't have forces my kids to do engineering as their career, but other also says that they shouldn't have betrayed me like this.

Now, I didn't wanted to loose my daughter, Aana. I made up my mind that I wasn't gonna force her to do engineering but whatever she wanted to do.

Yeah.. I know Venky, Robbie, Rayan and Ishan had tried to talk to her multiple times, but now she's enough scared of them to trust on.

Yeah.. I know that my sons do love Aana. No freaking doubt that they would sacrifice their lives for her. But, they've hurt me and my wife enough. I didn't want them to hurt my daughter too.

It has been two weeks now that my dear sons have barged into our lives. In the start, things were very awkward and there was tension. But slowly and steadily I could feel the comfortableness around

I think... I was supposed to hate being around them. I feel like, I should frowne everytime I see their ugly faces. But... Something inside of me feels like home.
Ps:-And I hate that feeling.

I came back home after a stressful day from work. My wife, Trisha was on the sofa and Ishan's head was on her lap and she was stroking his hairs. Both watching television together, peacefully.

I lips twitched in a small smile at the scene but anger instantly grew from inside of me for doing so.

"Oh! hey honey" Trisha waved at me cheerfully "welcome back home"

"Hey" I exhaled

"Hey dad" Ishan smirked at me. I ignored him and went into the kitchen to eat something. It was only 7:00pm so dinner still had one and an hour left.

I started to search for some chips and my beer.

While I was in search of my snacks, I heard some soft, tiny footsteps come into my direction, running.

It was Lucky, she's cute. I can't deny that. She's like a little bundle of joy. She's always energetic and jumpy. No doubt Aana loves her more than her love for choco Lava cake.

She tugged at my pants looking at up at me. Her small frame making her look cute.

I just stared down at her in bored expressions "what?" I asked enough rudely to make her face frown

"Want food" she said pouting

"Ask your father" I shrugged her off

"Dadda's no howm" she squealed.

I was tall and she was so tiny. I was worried she was gonna break her neck if you continues to look up at me any longer.

"You can wait" I ignored her looking away anyways. I'm cold hearted, it's not my fault I'm like this. I'm also good at hiding my true feelings.