38

It was the perfect moment. Mom and dad were moving into Venky's flat. All of it was so dreamy, something I always dreamt of.

Venky and my brothers had organised a small welcome party. The house was decorated with glitter strings. Balloons were sticked onto the walls, halogen balloons too touching the ceiling. A big 'welcome home' thermocol plate was supposed to be hanged right infront of the door's wall.

Everything was prepared, the food too. Ishan was ready with his camera, to capture every moment of it. He said he would make a full casade of photos which was so cool.

It was a celebration because dad had hated my brothers all along these years but only now realised how much they matter for me, for mom and for him himself. He couldn't cope up with the villan mask on his face because deep inside, he was soft and loving. He loved my brothers. After all, they were his sons, his own kids.

"You dumbshit, I told you to bring a welcome home sign not new home!" Robbie scolded Rayan who only sheepishly scratched the back of his head and grinned.

"It's fine, they'll understand," I reassured, trying to suppress my laughter.

"Are you laughing at me?" Rayan narrowed his eyes at me. I quickly shook my head with wide eyes. He wasn't convinced because the next thing I knew was being lunged at by Rayan as he started tickling my sides. I fell on the floor laughing and wheezing.

"Rayan, let your sister go," Venky coming from his room. Rayan thankfully stopped and helped me stand up. I glared at him but he wasn't scared because I only got a wink in return with a cheeky smile.

Venky had Lucky in his arms, she was dressed in a gown. She looked very adorable in that dress. Her hairs were tied up in a bun. Venky was good at hair styles, he even did my hairs in a fish tail. Venky was an all rounder I swear!

I walked up to Venky and pulled Lucky in my arms, "aww, you look so cute." I kissed her cheek, she giggled and kissed my cheek back.

"Thawks, you lwok cute too," she hugged my neck.

Venky was smiling fondly at us. A smile which was full of joy. I wiggled my eyebrows at him. He shook his head and patted my head and then looked at my brothers "is everything ready?" He asked.

"Yes.." Ishan muttered. He was working on the settings of his camera.

"Where's the cake?" Venky asked.

Suddenly, Robbie came out of the kitchen with a cake in his hands "here's the cake," he said "-and atleast it has written welcome home on it," he teased Rayan who only rolled his eyes.

"I'll get it," Rayan said when the door bell rang. He opened the door and Ashton came in. Yes, guests were invited too.

"Welcome, Ashton," Venky said and Ash nodded politely. His eyes settled on me. I smiled back at him whilst he was smirking at me. He was surely in a mood.

'stop checking me out!' I made a face and put Lucky down who ran and sat on Ishan's lap.

'you look hot' he mouthed.

I blushed and looked away, still smiling. I was wearing a one piece white dress. It was mid thigh and sleave less. The neck was turtle but the dress complimented my curves wisely. Suddenly, I felt Ashton wrap his arm around my waist and pull me closer to his side. I playfully glared up at him.

He laughed and pecked my lips.

"Ew, no PDA!" Rayan seperated us both. "no kissing in this house." He told us.

Ashton laughed, "sorry, dude. But my girlfriend is looked damn well today."

Rayan glared at him then at me, "I told you that dress is inappropriate."