37

It has been a few weeks now. I've been making excuses to skip the tutions poppy would take in Venky's office. Excuses like 'I'm having cramps' or 'I've alot of school work', etc.. Surely Venky has been suspicious. But he thinks I'm being lazy or I don't want to study.

He's so oblivious. The things poppy does to me is nasty. I swear I spilled the real reason to Robbie a few days ago when he came to my room. I was reading my biology journal when he came in without knocking.

"Sup, sis," he said and climbed onto my bed.

"Sup, bro," I copied him, a small smile lingering on my face.

"Weren't you supposed to be at Venky's office right now? Studying?" He raised an eyebrow.

I looked down at him. He was half lying on my bed on his stomach. He used his one elbow to keep his head up putting his head on rest against his palm.

I gulped, "I didn't feel like,"

"Why?"

I shrugged.

He poked my stomach and I jumped. I'm very ticklish.

"Stop!" I said when he kept doing that.

"Spill!" he said finally stopping.

"Nothing, just uncomfortable," how stupid of me to say that.

My head snapped towards his and I gulped. He did looked surprised.

"Uncomfortable? Because of whom?" He questioned.

"Um..um cramps. Bad period cramps," I lied and chuckled lightly looking back at my book. I didn't even knew at what paragraph I was before, bit I just kept on staring at it.

He seamed to buy my answer because his facial expressions relaxed. "Oh, you scared me," he huffed out a laugh and collapsed his head on my bed.

I looked down at him and laughed "you look tired,"  I said. He hummed "you should sleep," I got a hum in response. "did you eat anything?" He shook his head, "you should eat something," he shook his head again "Robbie.." he was dead asleep.

I smiled warmly at him and wrapped my blanket over him. He even started to snore. After tucking him property, I went back to my book.

After a while, Rayan too came in. He looked worn out too. "Hey," he said and sat beside Robbie's legs on the edge of the bed.

"Hi, you look really tired," I told him the same thing.

He sighed, "had a big meeting today. If this one works out, we would get promoted,"

I smiled, "both of you?" He nodded half smiling. "that's great. I'll bake some cake for you,"

He laughed lightly, "thanks and why's he sleeping in your room?"

I shrugged, "he came and fell asleep in mid conversation,"

He cringed, "are you that boring?"

I narrowed my eyes at him, "you wouldn't be coming in my room if I was boring."

He laughed, "you got me,"

I laughed, "dumbo,"

"Well, we're going to see mum and dad today so you might as well get ready,"

"Really?" I asked, excited. I hadn't seen them in a week or so. "I'll get ready in a few"

I jumped up from my bed and took a black jeans and white sweater out and rushed into the bathroom and changed into it.

By the time I got out, Rayan had left but Robbie was still sleeping soundly, so I let him be.

In the living room, Venky was ready in his purple blazer. Lucky was in a cute cream colour gown. Ishan was there too, in a white Jeans and blue nike hoodie.